Chapter 49: Realisation

Eunmi's Point of View

You know that feeling when you've hurt someone and you feel extra bad about it than you should?

Well, let's just say that was how I was feeling about having hurt Baekhyun's heart.

It was definitely not a good feeling to have.

I couldn't even look at him the same anymore because I was too embarrassed and ashamed. I haven't talked to D.O either since things were awkward between us. Nothing was the same. Even EXO talked less to me because of the tension between the three of us and to be honest, I was tired.

So many things could only happen to a person before they break and this was my breaking point. I've had to go through a lot within seven months and I wasn't even twenty years old yet, as well! Typical girls from my school wouldn't even be able to handle all the drama I've been into.

Okay, maybe I was overreacting and exaggerating a little bit, but it was more drama than what I was used to. I mean, come on, I was just a fan-girl and no one even knew who I was, and now I was acquainted with EXO and Bangtan Boys! That doesn't just happen to anyone!

Anyway, it has been two days since my split with Baekhyun and in another five days, EXO and I would be heading our different directions. I would resume back to studying and they would begin their tour. It was good, though, because this way I would have something to occupy my mind with.

Bomi returned to the States yesterday as well, but she almost didn't after telling her what happened between me and Baek. I told her I'd be fine and she seemed to take my words for it, I think. Mother was feeling sorry for me again for another failed relationship, and I couldn't blame her, really. It wasn't her fault she bore a daughter who failed at everything.

As of this moment, I was doing something I've always been good at... nothing. I was just lying down on my bed while facing the ceiling, with thoughts running through my head. I really didn't feel like doing anything at all. Mother went out for a bit to do the groceries and my sister was no longer in the country, plus the guys I thought I'd be hanging out with were wanting no contact with me.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated beside me on the bed. As I checked to see what the cause was, I found that Jungkook sent me a message.

From: Kookie Monster

Can I come over? I know how much you're in need of some company right now :)

I smiled upon reading his message. Not long after, I sent him a reply.

To: Kookie Monster

I actually would love that. Thank you :)

Seconds later, he sent another message.

From: Kookie Monster

Great! :) I'm actually outside your door right now~

I read over it twice before laughing and making my way to our front door. I wasn't at all worried about the media anymore because firstly, I couldn't care less anymore and secondly, they lessened every week since, apparently, me, EXO and BTS' story was overrated.

I couldn't have been more thankful because school started soon and I wouldn't want to worry about the paparazzi following me even there. I thought they'd bother me till the end, but thankfully not.

As I opened the door, I saw him standing there with a sheepish grin, holding two bags of chips in one arm and a bunch of movies with the other.

"Fancy watching some movies?" he asked me, stepping inside as I closed the door behind him.