Chapter 13: White piece of paper

Eunmi’s Point of View

The radiant sun beamed through the transparent window and onto the flat surface of my desk. Noises were echoing all around me but I wasn’t paying attention to any of them. Hye Jin and her knowledge about the meeting of mine and Baekhyun’s lips were bothering me like an annoying bee buzzing around one’s head. She was capable of doing many things and sadly, one of those things was ruining my life here at school.

I felt a light tap on my right shoulder, surprising me, but I wasn’t so surprised when I turned around. Baekhyun sat there with a smile flashed on his pale, flawless face; the same face that I was closely in contact with earlier this day. He handed me a piece of white paper and immediately I snatched it off him, not wanting the teacher to catch us. I stared at it for a while before revealing the words he had written inside it.

Why are you staring out the window? Daydreaming about me?

My eyes widened at the unexpected question, resulting in myself giving Baekhyun a puzzled expression. I wondered if this proved what Kai had told me, which was Baekhyun having feelings for me. But the question was, why would a celebrity like me? They could have asked a random girl on the street and they still would have said yes.

I heaved a heavy sigh and grabbed my EXO customised pen, lowering my head down to jolt an answer on my paper. After doing so, I handed it back to Baekhyun, who happily accepted it before reading what I wrote.

Actually, no. Are you disappointed?

His head spun to my direction and I flashed him a peace sign, along with the poking out of my tongue. Baekhyun returned my gesture with the same facial except that he looked much cuter than I was. Right then, I could feel as if someone was watching us, but I couldn’t dwell on that thought long enough as Baekhyun once again gave me the paper.

Kyaah~ My Eunmi-ah is too cute ^_^

The scattered words on the page caused me to want to giggle, but I managed to suppress that since we were in class. I liked how close I was with Baekhyun, despite the fact that he was still a very famous star. Before I had met him, before I had met EXO, I thought celebrities would be snobs and narcissists who only cared about their image, but Baekhyun had proven my thought wrong.

Well, D.O was partly proving that thought correct. He was a snob, an ignorant and a mean person. But still, I loved him. I admired him.

I shook my head as I brought my attention back to the paper that me and Baekhyun were currently communicating with. I tapped my pen against the surface of my desk as I tried to think of what to reply, I mean, after all, how do you reply to someone who just called you cute?

After, what seemed to be a minute, I had managed to write down a response. I tossed the paper towards Baekhyun’s desk, but it missed it by an inch. I watched as Baekhyun tried to pick it up the fallen object, but a pair of feet stood in front of him, and between our desks. We both looked up from the paper and onto the person’s feet, trailing up their body in order to find out who they were. Unfortunately, we were caught.

“Mr Byun, what have you got there?” The teacher asked.

Baekhyun tried to remain composed as possible, but he has not been at school for quite a long time that he began to look nervous as hell.

“It’s nothing, Miss.” He replied, although we both knew that our teacher could see past the lie.

“If it’s nothing then you won’t mind if I read it aloud in class, right?” Miss didn’t wait any longer as she picked up the piece of paper from the floor. Eyes that I noticed were once on us were now following the teacher as she stopped in front the black board that was bolted on the wall in front of the class.