PROLOGUE

Helen sat in the empty classroom with an easel set up. Frustration overtook him as he stared at his painting. A beautiful sunset dripped down the canvas, his hand slammed against the table next to him, his brushes and palette bouncing a bit from the force. His eyes focused on the window he was using as his muse. A soft flow of snow passing by as the moon started to get ready to come out.

His eyes darted down to see a familiar professor leaving the building, heading towards their car. His blue eyes widened as his mind cleared up, he suddenly understood. The specific shade he needed for the sunset he couldn't acquire through money. All of the shades of red he's ever owned were too dull for any of the paintings he made.

A knock on the classrooms door brought him out of his thoughts.

"Helen? After school is over, you need to go home." The door opened to reveal the art professor. She smiled and opened the door more. "I hope you have a great Christmas vacation! I can't wait to see your project when you're back!" She walked away, trusting him to pack and leave.

He scratched his head as he started to pack, trying to remember his previous revelation. His eyes bore into the canvas before using a paint brush to stab and cut the canvas. The last of the sun's shadow emitted into the classroom, the snow starting to pick up. His feet hurriedly carried him down the school stairs.

Remembering that his mom was at work, he grumbled and trudged home. The snow kept getting harder until he finally made it onto his street. Right before he could make it to his doorstep, he tripped and scrapped his hand trying to soften the landing. The cement underneath the layers of snow poking into his skin.

Holding his hand close to his chest, he hissed in pain and tried to keep warm. Something caught his eye, a very warm colour.

The once white snow was painted pretty shades of red. Various shade glittering the snow as it seeped into it. He let out a shakey breath before smiling to himself. Scurrying inside, the raven haired male attended to his wound and fantasized.