𝒄𝒉. 19

"Come on, mama. You have nothing to worry about. They're gonna love you." Vinnie said as he parked the car.

"They're gonna know that less than 12 hours ago, their son was destroying my pus-" I said but was cut off.

"Baby, no they won't." He laughed. "We're gonna go in and have this dinner and they will love you and everything will be perfect."

He then got out of the car and opened my door, holding his hand out to take my hand.

We walked towards the door, my heart starting to beat faster.

Vinnie knocked on the door and I took a deep breath, waiting for the door to open.

"Ah, my baby is home!" His mother said once she opened it.

"Hi, mom!" He said, giving her a big hug. "This is ny girlfriend, Milan."

"Oh, I've heard so much about you! Come on in!" She said before stepping aside to let us in.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Hacker." I said with a smile.

"Oh, please, call me Maria. Come on to the dining room. Everyone is sitting at the table." She said then led the way.

Vinnie then grabs my hand again and gives me a smile, earning one back from me.

We made it to the dining room and I see everyone else waiting for us.

"Okay, we have company so you guys better behave!" Maria said to them.

"We will, babe." His father said. "Vin, are you gonna introduce us?"

"Dad, Reg, this is my girlfriend, Milan. Babe, this is my dad and brother." Vinnie said.

"You can call me Nate." His father said.

"It's nice to meet you both." I said as I gave them a smile.

The guys started to talk amongst each other, so I decided to go help Maria in the kitchen.

"Need some help?" I offered.

"Oh, no! It's okay, I got it." She smiled.

"Well, at least let me help you bring the food out." I offered again.

This time she accepted.

"Thank you, Milan. I really appreciate that." She said as we started to bring out the dishes.

Once we put the food on the table, we both sat down in our seats— hers across from Nate, mine beside Vin.

"Okay, everyone, let's eat." Maria said then everyone started to make their plates.

"So Milan, how did you two meet?" Maria asked.

"We, um, met at a party he threw and he was super sweet and made sure I made it home safely." I smiled as I responded to her question.

"Vinnie mentions to me that he loves you all of the time, do you love him?" She asked.

"Mom!" Vinnie said as he felt slightly embarrassed.

"Yes, I do love him." I giggled. "I'm in love with him."

"I know this might be a sensitive topic, but how well do you deal with the hate from his supporters? I know they can be pretty brutal." Reggie said.

"No, yeah, it definitely isn't easy having to deal with people threatening me and purposely trying to put me down but I just keep pushing, I guess. His supporters are really ruthless and a lot of them hate us together." I responded.