Chapter 3- Yelllowfang and Spottedleaf

Oakheart entered a long, dark cave with two pairs of eyes. There were voices as well. A grumpy voice cracked with age, and a sweet delicate voice.

      The eyes looked up and a pretty tortiseshell stepped out of the shadows.

     "Bluestar." She dipped her head in greeting. 

      Spottedleaf?

     A grey cat with many scars and a flat muzzle fell in behind Spottedleaf.

    "Hello, Bluestar," She croaked.

    "Yellowfang, Spottedleaf. How are you?"

    "Fine, Bluestar. Now, tell me," Spottedleaf began, "How's young Firepaw- or should i say Firestar?"

    "He's fine, and, he hasn't earned his nine lives yet."

   "And? He will tonight with Cinderpelt."

   Yellowfang looked at her paws sympathetically. Cinderpelt had been her apprentice before she had died in a fire trying to save an elder.

    "Cinderpelt is doing great, too, Yellowfang," Bluestar assured her. Yellowfang pricked her ears but, kept her eyes on her old, beaten down paws.

    "Come, Bluestar," meowed Oakheart, "there are many more cats you might want to see."

  Bluestar said "good-bye" to Yellowfang and Spottedleaf. Then, padded to the entrance where Oakheart was waiting. Redtail and Swiftpaw were just entering, panting as a peice of prey dangled from their jaws.

They were padding through the forest when, a beautiful grey she-cat and a young snow- white she-cat padded in front of them.

   The white cat mewed, "Bluefur?"