The Cliff

"We know it was you, idiot. Stop playing dumb with me."

"I swear it wasn't me! You've got the wrong girl! Ari screamed as she backed up, the cliff behind her getting dangerously close.

"Lie all you want. We know it was you. We saw the footage." Said the man.

"What footage? What did I do?" Ari yelled at the man.

"I'm sick if this crap. Just do it dude." Said another man, standing close behind the first.

"Okay I guess. Well, sorry to do this, but you are going to have a take a very, VERY long nap my friend." Said the guy.

"What? What do you mean? Said Ari as the two men got closer.

"Sayonara sweetheart!" Said the man behind as the first pushed her over the edge.

She felt the wind on her back as gravity pulled her down. Her heart felt as if it was going to beat right out if her chest, and her mind went blank. Trying frantically to find some way to survive, she pushed away all the memories that attempted to flash before her eyes. Faster and faster she fell, till the adrenaline just pushed her over the edge. In one quick snap, she was gone. No longer falling from a cliff, but standing on some kind of mountain.

Oh no. Whare am I now?

There was just sand and weeds. Tumble weeds to be exact, and hills of light colored dirt. The beautiful orange pink sunset caught her off guard for a second, till the noise of a car brought her back to reality.

She looked behind her. She saw that the hills went down to a road, so she started walking.

Why did I have to reverse right then? Why couldn't I have just stayed and died? Then I'd go to a better place where I wouldn't get blamed for random things and teleport to who knows where.

As the road got closer, she noticed a sign. Lucky Peak Reservoir.

Idaho? Why am I in Idaho? She thought to herself.

Although she had no actual reason for her random teleportation, she had lots of theories. Maybe someone was doing it to her. Maybe she just handled stress differently than other people, and she had some strange mutation. Maybe it was random. There really was no true way of knowing, but her main theory is that someone else with the exact same DNA as her also have this strange thing. Usually she ends up in some random place, but sometimes she ends up in her own past, and relives everything from that point on. The only time the she time travels is when she goes back to her own past. Other times it's just some crazy random place. Sometimes there is a cause for the teleportation, sometimes there's not.

For that, though, is a simple explanation. Whenever she is in danger, she goes wherever the other girl is. Where the other girl goes, well who knows. They couldn't just swap places because then the other girl would switch places with her, and it would just be a cycle till one of them dies. So far, Ari hasn't died, and neither has the other girl, or else she wouldn't be having random switches whenever the other girl is in trouble.

As she approached the road, she saw that she really was in the middle of nowhere. There were a few cars that occasionally passed her on the road, but not many. She could try hitching a ride, but last time that ended in disaster.

There was a house nearby. A large, grey house with a pool outside and a huge front patio.

That seemed to be the only option. She'd gone to random houses for information on where she was and how to get to the nearest city a few times without incident, so why would something happen now?

She walked on the road. It was a pretty narrow road, with no bike lane or sidewalk on the sides. The white paint separating the two skinny lanes were barley visible, and the signs on the side of the road were faded and severely scratched. From the side of the road, she saw all the mountains surrounding her, and now tall they were. Compared to the mountains, Ari, and even the huge house she was walking to, were insignificant pebbles, waiting to be crushed. She felt almost like an ant, trying to get back to it's nest without getting squished.

The house was so close. It was a very modern looking house, with lots of windows and black accents. The door and outdoor furniture were black, and the red decorative wreath on the door and matching silky throw pillows on the metal framed couch gave the room a pop of color. The black and white plaid carpet before the door looked spotless and perfect. It seemed to be a very dainty home.

She went up to the door and knocked three times. She hoped she wasn't getting the carpet dirty.

At first, there was no sound. The she heard footsteps, and the door opened.

"Hello?" Said a very handsome man, excitedly and seemingly happy to have visitors. He was wearing a Gucci sweatshirt and Nike sweatpants. The colors seemed to clash a bit, but who really cares, as long as it's comfy.

Dang, who is this dude? He's got some seriously stylish stuff.

"I'm Ari. I was just wondering if you could give me someone directions to the nearest city."

"We're you planning on walking? Boise is quite a long walk." Said the man at the door.

"Depends... How long we talking?"

"Probably a couple days of nonstop travel. It's almost an hour drive from here."

"Oh great," Said Ari, unsure what to do.

"How did you even get out here in the first place?" Asked the man slowly, with concern in his voice.

"Umm well..." Ari couldn't think. Why would someone be nearly an hours drive away from a city with no way to get there or back?

"Well I was with some friends and we were going to go swimming and they left me here." Said Ari, suspiciously.

"They just left you?" Asked the man.

"Yep."

He obviously wanted more of an explanation, but Ari didn't even have one to give.

"Well, I can give you a ride if you want," said the man.

"If you wouldn't mind, I really don't want to be a burden."

"Oh not at all. You're fine. I needed to head down to Boise anyway. Do you have an address I should take you to?"

"Well I needed to run to the store and grab some things before I went home so if you could just drop me off there that would be great," said Ari, trying to come up with something to avoid going to her house. She didn't have one, so what was she supposed to say?

"I need to go there too. I'll just drop you off at your house when we are done."

"Oh umm that really won't be necessary... Uh..."

"Alex. Just call me Alex."

"Alright, Alex. I'll be fine on my own."

"If you say so," said Alex, concerned.