Chapter Two: Bonded

Andrew Lay awake on his bed waiting for darkness. His mind was made up, he was going to leave and never come back. His plan was all set, he would wait for darkness and then get provisions, and a sword. After he had everything he would take a horse and set off for Northfield camp where he would get his bond. From there he make a name for himself doing protection for traders and eventually settle down in a nice home."yes" Andrew thought "that is what I shall do."

As the dead of night came Andrew got up and went to the cabinet and grabbed bread, Apple's, and some salted meat. He then went to the secret panel behind a loose floorboard and grabbed one of the swords his father kept stored in case of an attack from bandits. Andrew then went to the stables and got a horse and saddled her up. The house was named Frau and was Andrews favourite, she knew Andrew well and neighed softly as he got on. "Come on girl"Andrew said quietly and Frau trotted towards the path. As Andrew looked back at the house he silently vowed that one day he would come back.

As Andrew rode down the forest path he grew uneasy, but before he could act on it, he heard the "twang" of a bow and Frau fell to the ground beneath him. Andrew felt rough hands drag him off the path and a grouph voice said "what money do you have" but before Andrew could reply a large wolf like figure came shooting towards the man and tackled him down before turning to Andrew

"Ok boy" Andrew said timidly "I don't want to hurt you." As Andrew looked at the animal he realized it was a Fuchs, an incredibly rare breed of animal that was like a fox, but very intelligent, and very fast. The Fuchs have a wimper and Andrew realised it was injured, "are you ok-" Andrew began.

"No" said the Fuchs, "I have an arrow through my leg. And yes, I can talk." Andrew backed up unsure of what to do. "Ok I am going to need you to pull the arrow out, and my ability to regenerate will take care of the rest."

"Ok" said Andrew "but this is gonna hurt, a lot."