25 The big surprise

"So, all you're telling me is that we'll be home in time for Enya's party. Don't I even get a hint where you're taking us?" I asked Kyle as I got into the car while he strapped our daughter into her booster seat.

Today was Enya's first birthday and Kyle insisted that we spend the morning alone with her. Apparently he had a little outing planned, but wouldn't tell me what or where.

"Just relax, baby. I just want to spend time with my two girls. Today is a special day and I have everything planned out!" he replied with a proud smile on his face.

I decided to trust him and not ask any more questions. Besides, we still had plenty of time until our cookie's party. Apart from that, I was totally tired because I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before. And that was true for Enya as well. She had gotten a new tooth and was a little grumpy because of it. But as soon as we drove the first mile, she was fast asleep.

"Do you mind if I try to get some sleep too, Jellybean?" I asked after yawning loudly.

"Of course not. Go ahead. I'll wake you when we get there." he replied gently.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the window. It didn't take long for fatigue to catch up with me and I fell asleep.

Kyle POV

Smiling, I looked in the rearview mirror and saw that Enya was fast asleep and a sideways glance at Y/N showed me that she had also fallen asleep. My girls had a long night. Y/N was pretty exhausted, I saw that immediately when I came home this morning.

I hated not being with them in such situations, but unfortunately it could not always be avoided. That the flight was delayed didn't help me either. But now everything was good again and we were on the way to the big surprise that I had been planning for a while. Now I could only hope that everything would turn out as I had imagined.

It was a hard piece of work and without the help of our friends and families, I would never have been able to plan the whole thing. I was so grateful to them. And from the looks of it, Y/N didn't suspect a thing.

Y/N POV

"Hey, baby. Wake up. We're here!" I heard Kyle's voice say as he gently stroked my cheek.

I opened my eyes and looked around. Obviously we were in the woods, in a clearing. But where did the tents come from? Confused, I looked at Kyle.

"Come with me." he said and got out of the car.

While I wondered what was going on, he took Enya out of her seat. She was still asleep, resting her little head on his shoulder.

"What's going on here, Kyle? Where are we?" I asked as I continued to look around.

"Just a minute, baby. I need to ask you something first." he replied and then handed me the cookie.

"Alright. For the last couple of months, I've been planning this surprise. I've had a lot of help getting it all organized. But in the end, it all comes down to you. We're her today, on our cookie's birthday, because I want to marry you today. I want to make it official, even though I know you're happy the way it is," Kyle spoke and my eyes grew wide.

"But how? What? How do you know that?" I asked, bewildered.

"Well one or two little birdies told me what you said when you tried on the wedding dress. Okay and there's a video." He replied with a smirk.

"You know about that? Oh man. I specifically told them to shut up. I didn't want you to think I was expecting it or anything." I babbled as I held onto our baby.