Chapter 1: Grace.

Grace put her backpack on her back. This was the day of enlightenment. Each child in her class went to the druids and revealed their powers, if any. And he could choose a companion. She looked in the mirror. She had chocolate skin, amber eyes, and dark curly hair. There was a knock on the door. Her stepmother's voice was heard:

"Open the door, Grecia." And behave yourself. 

Grace opened it. There stood a man in a robe and a basket made of vines woven into each other, and inside were letters, a messenger of the Druids. In principle, he did not hand out letters except to the Druids, but told people the message, but Grace knew why he had come. Instead of asking who lives here or asking any questions about her house at all, he just said:

"It is time to go," came his monotonous, low voice. Then he handed her a sheet of paper:

Name: 

Companion:

Grace picked up a pen and filled in:

Name: Grace Green

Companion: Jack Stens 

Jack was her best friend. He had slightly tanned skin, black hair, and dark green eyes. He liked the land and was not a fan of sailing, flying and fireplaces. She liked geckos, salamanders, and pigs (sometimes Grace felt like he connected to them by blood), but despite all these facts, he was her best friend. The messenger took the leaflet and disappeared without even reading it.

-Who was it? -  Cea asked.

- The Herald of the Druids. -  Grace replied.

-Then it's a good time to go, Gracia Jelena Green! What are you waiting for?!

Cea always called her Grace because Grace was a very rare name in Caymansite.

"I'm leaving, all right." Grace came out and closed the door. He started to lock it, but her key was gone. I must have left it inside... she thought, leaving it open for Cea to know it wasn't locked.

There was a knock on Jack's door. His mother's voice, Emily Stens, was heard inside.

-Jackie, darling, open please.

"All right, Mom." Jack opened the door. 

-Hello, Grace! How are you? "He asked.

-I'm fine. We have to go. She replied.

"Okay," Jack said. "Where are we going?"

"We're going to the druids!" Is your memory that short ?! - Grace scowled - We are going to find out what our powers are!

"Oh, yeah, by the way, my memory is long-lasting!" Jack ended the argument, through Grace's giggles. 

"And, if you haven't forgotten, one of the participants in the insight will drive us." Grace reminded him.

"I hope the car is big." Said Jack.

"Jack Jasper Stens!" Grace told him.

- What? He asked.

"Ugh, you're dumb." Grace sighed.

- You're dumb! Jasper countered.

"Oh, children, don't fight!" Emily Jaspar Stens's copper voice was heard.

"Grace started it!" Jack cried, but Grace was already dragging him outside.

-Come on, Jack! Let's go! And where is your bag?!

"Um, I'll take it, now," Jasper said anxiously, and stormed into the house. 

After about 10 minutes, Jack left the house with a backpack. He looked proud. Grace looked at the shape of the backpack. One half was in the shape of luggage and the other in the shape of something strange.

-What did you put on the left side of the backpack? She asked.

-Uuuh .. Rocks. He replied anxiously.

-Seriously.?. I won't not argue. I do not care. Come on! Grace sighed again.

"Okay, let's go," Jack said. 

A long black car pulled up in front of their houses. They both sat down. The seats were next to each other, and there were candies against the seats, but apparently curtains were deliberately placed between all those sitting. 

To Grace's right sat a girl (Grace recognized only the silhouette).

On the other side of the girl sat Jack, who had started a conversation with the boy next to him, which included many expressions such as:" And this stone, I called it 'Smooth' 'because it's smooth' 'or "This one, I found it in great-grandmother Tessie's garden," or "This one I asked my mother to borrow from the collection I gave her." And "She says they're normal garden stones, and she doesn't measure her words at all, and she doesn't think she's insulting my pebbles (Jack said the word "pebbles, holding a huge flat stone)."Grace didn't need to see his interlocutor to know that he was sick of the endless talk of the youngest relative of the Stens family. 

Grace got bored, so she tried to strike up a conversation with the girl next to her.

,,Hey! I'm Grace!'' - She said.

The girl paused:

,,I'm.. I'm Fall.'' 

,,Okay, so Fall like Autumn'' Grace was trying to stay up with the conversation, cause she could feel the girl was nervous. Plus she needed more friends that Jack. 

The limo zine drove over red houses and black restaurants, the Egg - Squirrel bakery, the royal palace, Happy bar and grill, Park-mart super market, the royal green house and maroon animal water tank, the Cine-Grand cinema and others. 

,,Yeah, like Autumn''. She said carefully.

,,Do you think you have powers? Grace asked.

,,Mmm, I don't know really'' - Fall answered. - What about you. What's your name?

,,Grace Jelena Green'' - Grace said. - Wait. What's your surname, and last name?

,,Uh, it's Dune. Dune Autumn.

That sounded familiar to Grace, but she didn't make much of it. Soon enough they reached the forest.