April 6th

Dear Ruth,

Good news, I got a job. A real life job. At age 36. What an accomplishment.  More good news, I didn't get lost. Now you will continue to get annoying letters from me. How exciting, right? 

Anyways, the building was nice. All glass and white. They tell me I am even getting my own office. Maybe I will even get one of those fancy metal name stands that goes on my desk. That way, everyone will know the name Jeffery Schwartz. Those four years of college did mean something after all. Of course, that was over 10 years ago. But I still got here. Take that Dr. Kelley. He never thought I would make it in the real world. He told me as I left that place that he would see me back in rehab within the year. Well Dr Kelley, it has been two years and I am still thriving, drug free. Whatever. That is in the past. Guess I will celebrate tonight with apple cider, yippee.

Anyways, the interview was really bizarre. Super short and to-the-point. There was a panel of four men that merely looked me over, glanced at my resume, and asked me three simple questions:

1) Why were you interested in this position? (I answered in the most generic, interview type of way obviously. I was interested because I feel as if I can bring so much to this company blah blah blah bullshit.)

2)How many hours are you available to work? (Well, I have no life so 24 hours a day, 7 days a week baby.)

3) Are you willing to sign a waiver for any possible injuries or problems? Don't worry, it is just a standard contract. (Sure, why not.)
Then I got the job. That was all it took. Though, they weren't very clear on what exactly my position entailed. They were very vague people. Oh well, learn as I go I guess. Talk soon.

-JS