part 2

“I don’t suggest falling asleep while dreaming” Someone said. He opened his eyes and took a moment to realize what was going on.

“It’s you!” He recognized the stranger from his dream from the night before.

They chuckled and nodded. “I’m surprised you remember me.”

“How could I forget? I wasn’t able to ask you before, but what is your name?”

“My name is Dream, ironically.” They said laughing.

“Alright, Dream. And sorry if this sounds rude, but are you a boy or girl?”

They laughed harder, “I’m a boy, though I understand why you would think of me as a female.”

Ink nodded to show that he heard. Dream started to rub Ink’s back without thinking. Ink didn’t mind.

“Dream?”

“Yes?”

“W-why am I only able to see you in my dreams?”

“It’s simple. I can only travel through dreams.” Dream replied. Ink got an idea. 

“Dream, do you have a paper and pen that I can borrow?”

“Yeah. Here you go!” Dream handed him a paper and pen. Ink jotted something down and passed it to Dream. “What’s this?”

“I-uh, gave you my address and number.” He said shyly.

“Why did you give them to me?”

“W-well, I was hoping that maybe we could meet outside of my dreams.”

Dream smiled and patted his shoulder. “Maybe. I’ll see what I can do.” Soon after Ink woke up.