one

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

“And so ends another wonderful night.”

Nora smiled at the glossy black Ferrari pulled up to her house, allowing JR to take her hand and press a kiss to the back of it.

“Hm. I've had better.”

“Right. So have I.”

JR and Nora winked at the same time, then chuckled at their inside joke. In the back of her mind, Nora was aware that JR was still holding her hand. The detail moved to the forefront on her thoughts as he rubbed his thumb over her knuckles, a charming grin plastered on his somewhat charming face.

“Same time next Sunday?”

“I'm not going to be here next Sunday.”

“Saturday it is.”

JR learned in for a kiss, which Nora swiftly blocked with her free hand.

“Let me rephrase- I'm moving out of the country.”

“What?! What do you mean you're moving out of the country?”

Nora sighed, letting go of JR's hand to pull up an email on her phone.

“I got promoted. It's no manager position, but it requires me to do a lot of long-term traveling. I'm not going to be able to see you in person for a while... and we probably won't be able to talk either.”

JR took a moment to read the email, frowning once he was finished.

“This is crap. They can't ship you to South Korea!”

Nora shrugged, taking her phone back.

“I tried to convince them to transfer me somewhere closer, but they're really strict with their operating locations.”

“Clearly. I mean come on, South Korea? You're a Brazil kind of gal!”

Nora looked at her partner, a small frown forming on her face as he pouted. She sighed and hesitantly put her hand on his arm.

“I'm sorry. If there was a better, more convenient job opportunity for me, I'd take it in a heartbeat. But this job is all I have... other than the extremely expensive jewelry you insist on giving me.”

Nora moved her hand to the pendant around her neck. It was a gold-encrusted onyx, one that JR had given her not too long after they first started seeing each other. JR looked at the necklace, thinking about what Nora had told.

“A better, more convenient job, you say?”

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.