Chapter 2

Virgil opened the apartment door and stepped inside, Logan following. "Roman! I'm home!" Roman was sitting on the couch, watching tv, covered up with a blanket. "Oh hello Virgil, how was- uhh who's your friend?" Roman said as he stared at Logan standing in the doorway.

Virgil raised an eyebrow. "Real funny, Roman. That's what I should be asking you! I'm getting sick of your pranks." Roman stared at Logan, hugging a pillow. "Virgil! I don't know that man!" The dark haired man glared at Roman's cowering, "This isn't funny anymore, Roman."

Roman grabbed his phone. "That man is weird and covered in silver face paint, I am not taking any chances. I'm calling the police if you don't make him leave!" Virgil turned to Logan, "Uhh sorry Logan but you're out. You might wanna leave before my lazy roommate calls the police on you."

Logan blinked with confusion. "Have I done something to upset him, Virgil?" Virgil groaned, "Just leave." The silver man walked back out the door and stared at Virgil through the doorway, "Does this suffice?" Roman stood up, "No! Keep going! Leave us alone!"

Logan backed up a few steps, not breaking eye contact. "Does this suffice?" Virgil snickered quietly while Roman groaned. "I don't know your deal, weird robot man, but you need to get off my property!" Logan blinked at him, "I do not know my "deal" either."

"What?" Roman asked. Logan cocked his head to the side, "I do not know my purpose or why I am here." Virgil sighed and stepped outside. Roman jumped, "Virgil! Stay here! He might be dangerous!" Virgil turned to Roman, who was peeking in the doorway. "Does he seem dangerous to you?"

Virgil walked toward Logan but lost his balance when his foot hit a rock. With extreme speed and precision, Logan leaned forward to grab Virgil's hand before he fell. Virgil gathered his balance and groaned, "Thanks Logan." He suddenly realized how cold and hard Logan's hand felt on his, yet how gently he was holding on.

Virgil looked up at Logan, bewildered. "You really are a robot, aren't you?" He mumbled. Logan nodded. "Hey! Virgil, are you okay?" Roman called from the doorway. Virgil nodded slowly and gently let go of Logan's hand. "I'm fine." He turned to Roman and scratched his head. "I know I sound crazy, but he's really a robot."

Roman stared at Virgil like he grew two heads. "Excuse me? Virgil, are you sure you didn't get brain damage during that fall?" Virgil walked over to Roman, and stared him in the eyes. "I'm not joking, he's a robot." Roman backed up and snickered. "You can't trick me Virgil, I won't fall for this weird prank!"

Virgil pulled at his hair for a second then grabbed Roman's shoulders. "Listen to me!" "You're acting crazy!" Roman yelled. Virgil groaned and motioned for Logan to come over to them. Logan stepped beside Virgil. "Feel him!" Virgil yelled. Roman jumped back, his face red. "I don't even know him!" "Not like that! Feel his hand!" Virgil yelled back.

Virgil grabbed Roman's hand and placed it upon Logan's. "Virgil what the hell are you-" "Wait." Roman said with confusion. "It does feel like metal. What the hell?" Logan stood awkwardly as Roman felt around his hand. "It's rock hard, and cold to the touch." Roman mumbled. "I think you're right!" He said, looking at Virgil.

They all stood there for an awkward moment before Roman dropped Logan's hand. "Well what are we supposed to do now?" Roman asked. Virgil shrugged then turned to Logan, "Do you have a place to stay? Can you return to your creator?" "Are you a spy robot from the government?" Roman added. Logan blinked, "I do not know who created me and no I do not have anywhere to go that I am aware of."

Virgil looked at Roman without saying a word. Roman groaned, "you want to invite him to stay don't you? You don't even have any friends who hang out here and the first person you invite to our home is a homeless robot?" "Shut up!" Virgil said, rolling his eyes.

Roman thought for a moment before letting out a long sigh. "I suppose he can stay." Logan bowed to Roman, "Thank you for the hospitality. I am Logan, what shall I call you?" Roman grinned, "I'm Roman, nice to meet you robot guy- Logan."