Draft 2 (Opposites)

(( So I decided to re-write the story and see how it turned out. Please tell me which one you like better!! ))

The cold air up in the mountains is not a pleasant environment. Alkina, my best friend, insisted on showing me her favourite spot. On a slightly stormy, cold night. I'd much rather be inside right now, with a cup of warm tea and a good book.

"We're here!" I look at Alkina, she's smiling. She looks so happy, although she is somewhat crazy. The moon shines brightly behind her, the cold rain sprinkling down.
"Ataru, look." She points her finger out to the horizon. I turn to look where she is pointing, thinking about when we met. Pure luck.
"Woah..." the view from up here is breathtaking. I can see our whole world. My village is far in the distance, but right below us Alkina's village is alive. Thriving in the night. Lanterns up, people talking, having fun. I watch small kids run around, playing wizards. Not yet have they mastered their magic.

The mountains encasing our home reach up towards the sky. Taller than we could ever hope to climb. I see the lake where I first met Alkina, on that cold sunny morning. I look at the treehouse we made years ago, feeling my face warm up as I recall promising Alkina I would protect her forever. I stare straight at the huge wall that separates our villages. Although it tries it's hardest, it can hardly keep Alkina and I apart. Differences make a person after all, what's it matter that we have different ways of life?

"Hey Alkina, what if we tried the impossible?" She spins around, looking as curious as possible.
"You mean we should try and fly?" It's like she read my mind.
"We can do magic right? So if we jumped off this ledge we could surely fly down" She looks excited, yet hesitant as if unsure of what decision to make. I guess I'll help.

I hold Alkina's hands in my own.
"Remember when I promised to protect you forever?" She looks surprised by this. Did she think I forgot?
"Of course I remember that!"
"Right, well I'm getting drenched from the rain. I'm sure it would be faster to fly down." She looks convinced now, mostly. I think we both know that if we can't take this risk than we'll never escape.
"Curiosity killed the cat.." I only just catch what she said.
"But satisfaction bought it back. Remember?" She nods and grips my hand tighter.
"3... 2... 1... go!" We run towards the edge, excitement and tension filling the air. Almost there... now! I jump, having no idea whether this will work. The rush of air hits me full in the face. I look up to see Alkina laughing. I start laughing too and soon we both forget what we have done. The ground is growing ever so close but I think we'll be alright.

(( What do you think? Which one is your favourite? ))