𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
"They're done fighting"
——

While Nova, Iris and Fio sat at the bar the noticed Monty walk in with a smile on his face

While Nova, Iris and Fio sat at the bar the noticed Monty walk in with a smile on his face. Nova got up from her seat and walked over to Monty. "Hey, Where'd you go?" Nova asks and Monty claps his hands together.

"We found this bunker that we could stay in for the next 5 years to protect from praimfaya" Monty answers and Nova widens her eyes. "That fast. Wow" Nova smiles as she looks back at Fio who smiles back at her.

"Everyone needs to pack we leave at first light" Monty says as Jasper walks over. "Jasper... you're gonna love it" Monty says but backs away slightly at the smell of alcohol on him. "My little boy's all grown up" Jasper jokes as he wraps an arm around him and Nova notices a group of kids surrounding them listening to the conversation.

"So what? We hole up in a bunker now? Do everything Jaha says? Back to life on the Ark?" Role calls out and Nova scoffs. "This could be good for us" Fio calls out and Riley drops his drink to the ground and pushes Fio. "No one was talking to you!" Riley argues and Iris and Nova push him back and get in his face.

"Watch it" Nova says as Iris looks him up and down in disgust. "You reak" Iris says and Riley swallows a large lump in his throat and backs away hesitantly.

"Since when do we listen to what Jaha says?" Jasper calls out with a cup in his hand and Nova shakes her head as she walks away from the crowd and goes to Clarke's room and puts her leather jacket with spikes on the sleeves over shoulders and zips it up half way.

Nova didn't have much to pack since she had her weapons on her body. Once she was ready she walked out the room and into the large hall where she saw Iris and Fio standing by the door while half of the kids were still dancing.

Nova walks up to Monty and stands beside him. "I thought we were supposed to be packing" Nova says and Monty shrugs and lets out a sigh, "We were" Monty says as Jaha walks in and looks at everyone in confusion.

"Hey. I thought I made it clear. We need everyone packed and ready to go by--" Jaha announces but is interrupted by Jaspers loud sigh. "First light.
We'll get right on it" Jasper says and chuckles secretly afterwards.

" Good. We're talking about the future of the human race here, Mr. Jordan. Participation is not optional" Jaha states and Fio and Iris walk up beside Nova to listen in on the conversation. "They're gonna make us go with them" Harper voices and Nova looks to Fio and Iris in disbelief.

"It's a test. How bad do we want this? There is a way out now. When this party started, that wasn't true" Jasper says and Nova takes a step forward to intervene but Fio holds her back. "You don't have to butt in. This is their choice. A warrior knows when to stop fighting" Fio whispers and Nova furrows her eyebrows.

"They're basically saying they want to stay and die" Nova points out and Fio shrugs. "That's their choice" Fio says and Nova scoffs.

"Make no mistake-- you choose to stay and you're choosing death.  If that's your decision, I'm with you all the way. If not, there's the door. No one here will judge you if you leave" Jasper voices looking around the room to see no one move out of their spots. "Ok, then. I guess we have nothing to lose" Jasper says with a smile on his face.