Chapter 24: Islands - Introduction

They ran to the North. By North I meant to the ocean at the edge of the desert. It was a beach. Welp! It seems that the group got cornered by the giant scorpion.

They stopped once they see the Island's edge and look back. The scorpion is still chasing them.

Polnareff: "*Bleep*! What are we going to do? Beat her up?"

Satella: "If you beat her up, I'll never forgive you. Go to the ocean!"

Satella summons her shadows as she runs.

Joseph: "What are you doing?"

Satella: "Making some sort of a boat. Forgive the terrible design!"

The shadows starts to take a shape of a bowl. Yes, a bowl, not a boat. Like she had said: terrible design. The bowl is put unto the waters and float.

Satella: "Get in!"

And everyone gets inside the bowl and drifts away into the ocean. Not by the waves, not by wind, but by Satella's control. The scorpion only watched them going away, then she goes back to the watchtower's remains.

Polnareff: "So that's the scorpion, huh?"

Polnareff's question was ignored.

Echidna: "That's not even close. This boat's design is so terrible that a single boat from origami papers outclasses this one."

Satella decides to ignore Echidna's sarcasm. Instead, she asks Joseph.

Satella: "So, you have any idea what to do now?"

Joseph: "Oh my God! How should I know?"

Satella: "But you have your Stand-"

Joseph: "Spirit Photography is not always accurate. My Stand, Hermit Purple, is able to take pictures from anywhere from the world, but now, all I can take pictures out of is Dio! Sorry, my Stand isn't going to be helpful to find any land!"

Satella: "Oh well..."

================================================================================

The sun rises...

Tanya and Narberal had stopped flying and lands on the bowl of shadows hours ago. They have scouted the area for them, but there are no land. It's just more ocean.

Tanya: "Well, we have bad news..."

Polnareff: "No land?"

Tanya: "Yup."

Polnareff groans. They have traveled approximately 500 miles with Satella's help, yet they can't spot any land. Not even a single island.

Satella: "Deal with it. We lost our food, water, and other important stuff. Maybe you should catch some fish to cook breakfast."

Joseph: "Well, how are we going to catch a fish without a fishing rod?"

Actually, Satella could do it. But she don't want to. Why? Because she don't even know where were they. She's no expert in the sea!

Kakyoin: "I could use my Stand to catch some... I think I could do it."

Echidna: "You 'think'?"

Kakyoin: "I can turn my Stand into strings and catch them."

Echidna: "Interesting. Go ahead."

Kakyoin summons his Stand, Hierophant Green, and turns it into the of a fishnet. This obviously greatly disappoints Echidna.

Echidna: "Obviously, I CAN'T SEE STANDS."

Satella: "Ha! Can't believe you wanted to know something you can't interact with."