Its Alive

Jake and I walked to the Wheeler residence, my face was cold from my recent break down. We walked in silence, there wasn't much to discuss. I had just punched someone and they happily returned the favor, "God my jaw hurts" I mutter rubbing the radish colored bruise on my jawline. "We'll put some ice on it when we get to the house" Jake smiles trying to lighten the mood, I smile back though I wish it were a genuine smile. I keep replaying the moment in my head, I swung first so it was my fault. We entered the house and went to the kitchen to grab an ice pack, but what we saw instead was horrifying "JAKE HOLY SHIT, JAKE" I start screaming, I scramble backwards tripping. "What is it?!" He asks running over, he stops frozen in horror. "call 911! call 911" He yells, I gather my self and run towards the landline. "Hello?! Yes, my friends housekeeper fell into the- oh my god- she fell into the dishwasher- holy shit it impaled her every where- HURRY PLEASE" I plead with operator. Soon police are everywhere, searching the house, questioning us, and calling the Wheelers. I sit in a corner texting my parents, assuring them i'm okay. Junior is the first one to walk in, he runs over to me "Holy shit! Are you okay!?" he asks grabbing my face. "Junior stop! Why do you care?! Go suck Lexy's face off or something!" I yell turning away. "Amelia that's not fair." he says trying to rationalize the situation, "No Junior what isn't fair is you leading me on like a side piece! I'm not your fucking side piece okay?!" I yell. "Please Amelia, I'll break up with Lexy. Please." he says grabbing my hand. "Junior-" I try speaking but i'm interrupted by Juniors lips meeting mine, "Holy fuck" I say trying to keep in my smile.

A few minutes later the Wheeler parents arrive, they shoo us upstairs while they sort out everything with the cops. I go with Jake, sure everything might have been okay with Junior, but Jake needed me. This was the second time he'd seen a dead body in the last 2 days, as I go to open the door I hear Jake yelling "You killed her!" Who was he talking to? "I didn't kill her kid." a strange voice says. I peek through the door, holy shit it's his doll. I burst through the door "Jake please tell me that doll isn't alive!" I say frightened. "Fuck! Amelia sorry!" He yells throwing the doll under his bed. "Jake... why was your doll just talking to you...?"  I say stepping closer, Chucky starts speaking again "Hey kid, you hate Lexy right?" he puts on an evil grin. "Holy fuck Jake" I whisper, he starts laughing "Cmon kid, i'm not that scary am I?" he says pulling out a knife. "Chucky!" Jake yells launching forward to grab him, "Oh cmon kid! I was just gonna see if she'd murderer Lexy!" he shrieks, murder? Murder Lexy? I'm sure she was an asshole and maybe I did want her dead, but I couldn't murder her! "No no! I'm not murdering Lexy! You psychotic carrot top!" I yell. "Ouch kid! You're feisty!" He says laughing, "Maybe I should kill you instead" he offers throwing the knife towards my face. I scream running out of Jake's room, "Junior! Junior!" I yell trying to find his room. I open a door finding him sitting at his desk, I run towards him holding on to him as tied as I can "Junior Chu- Jake's doll- he's trying to kill me- Junior please!" I cry stumbling over my words. "Woah, it's okay, you're okay.. You're saying Chucky tried to kill you-? The vintage doll?" he sounds confused.  There's no way he was going to believe me, "No no never mind I think i'm going crazy.. Im so sorry." I say trying to calm my self down. "Today has just been so hard, Im so tired." I sigh, I find myself wandering over to his bed slowly drifting off to sleep. He climbs in on the other side, he pulls me close pushing the hair out of my eyes. "No stupid doll will ever hurt you. I promise" he kisses my forehead and I fall asleep instantly.