Chapter 11

It was a little while after Lilac had played her violin for the club, it had made her happier than she thought it would ever make her after the incident.

But now she was at the place she always dreaded going to, "Rosebud Modeling Agency".

How she hated that place, she only ever became a model because she was afraid of letting her family down, one of the worst parts of being there were her managers, Ms. Flare and Mr. Timber.

They were always hard on her, telling her to do better when she's always trying her best, they never helped her if she fell, they told her to just get up and don't mess up the next time.

"Lilac! You're supposed to put your foot to the right!" Ms. Flare yelled, clenching the bridge of her nose.

The navy haired girl uncurled her foot with a huff, "why didn't you tell me that earlier?!" She demanded.

Mr. Timber rolled his eyes, "a perfect model knows the poses before they are told what to do."

Lilac dusted off her lavender dress that they made her wear, her hair was up in a tight braid, and she wore black slippers.

She sighed out of annoyance, before moving her foot to the right, she spread her arms out and tilted back.

"You finally managed to do it right." Ms. Flare said, still looking unimpressed.

"You are dismissed". Said Mr. Timber waving his hand dismissively.

Lilac immediately ran out of the studio to put on her shirt and dress. Then she was finally out of there, she didn't look back once.

Lilac later found a bench to sit on so she could think, she shot her head up to look at the stars, how could she tell her family the truth? The navy haired girl bowed her head, they would see me as a failure.

She didn't want to disappoint them, after all she loved her family with all her heart. But she knew they would never understand her passion for music.

After all none of her siblings had a career that had anything to do with music or singing, Leo is a model, Hunter is an actor, Nora also an actor, Valeria is a fashion designer, and Orchid did dance. They were also all famous like Lilac is.

Why does my life have to be so hard?!

Lilac felt tears drip from her eyes, she tried and failed to stop them.

"Lilac?"

The navy haired teen slowly raised her head at the voice, when she saw who it was, she felt her heart skip a beat. It was Zander.

"Z-Zander?" She squeaked, slowly standing up.

The purple haired teen's lavender orbs held concern. Lilac turned away from him; she was about to run away when she felt Zander's grip on her arm.

She turned her head towards him, "Lilac don't run away this time, please." The purple haired boy pleaded.

Lilac felt herself relax as Zander led her back to the bench, the two took a seat next to each other. Lilac was confused on why Zander wanted to talk to her, after all he hated her the second, he first laid eyes on her.

"I want to know why you were crying." Zander explained after five minutes of silence.

Lilac crossed her arms with a scowl, "why do you care?"

Zander narrowed his eyes, "I still have a heart you know."

Lilac bitterly rolled her eyes, "you hated me the very second you laid eyes on me."

Lilac saw a guilty gleam in his lavender eyes, "I was wrong about you, I'm sorry."

Lilac stared at him in shock, she never expected Zander to apologize to her, but she said nothing.