Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Sweat drips down my face as I jump up and down to Little White Lies. I'm screaming my head off, like any girl would, and feel my voice slowly disappearing. I look over at Lacey whose expression is the same as mine. Liam and Zayn are running up and down the stage as Niall is singing directly to the crowd. I feel a pang in my stomach and feel tears start to form. I don't know why, it's just happening. I think they have that effect on all of their fans.

There's a slight intermission and the boys run backstage to change. The crowd dies down a bit but soon roars again when Harry emerges from backstage. He's alone but that doesn't stop the crowd from going crazy. He hushes the screams and holds the microphone up to his mouth. He's changed from before.

"Hello London!" He yells followed by screaming.
"I have a problem. I accidentally stole something today. And I know the person I stole it from is here tonight." He smiles into the mic and walks to the edge of the stage.
"I stole this from a girl earlier." Harry pointed to the jacket he was wearing. MY JACKET. Lacey slowly turns her head to me and her mouth drops to the floor. I'm sure my reaction is the same.
"So if you're here and you know who you are. Come to the south gate exit after the show. I'll be wanting to return this." Harry smirks and waves to the girls in the front row. I feel like I'm going to faint. I sit down in my chair and wipe off my face. Lacey plops down next to me and grabs my arm.

"Harry Styles. Stole your jacket. From the phone booth. You kissed Harry Styles. You kissed Harry Styles!" Lacey grabs me and starts shaking me.
"I know. I know!" I wipe my face again and try not to cry. I kissed Harry Styles. He kissed me.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I get up and run up the aisle to the bathroom. Surprisingly its not crowded and I stand in the mirror and look at myself. What am I going to do? I'm sure Harry wouldn't want a girl like me. I'm not some celebrity.

I wipe the makeup from under my eyes and walk out into the long stretch of a hall. I walk to a weirdly empty part and lean against the wall. I really need a drink. I look up at the sign and see that it reads South Exit. 'Very funny' I mumble upward.

"What is?" A voice says from beside me. I jump and look over to see none other than Harry Styles.
"You are." I hide my shaking legs by crossing them as I lean against the wall.
"How am I funny?" He asks slowly with a weird expression.
"What you just did. And now you're waiting here? It's not the end of the show." I smirk and he laughs a bit.
"Then why are you here?"
"Accidental." I point over to the bathroom. He shakes his head and smiles.
"Can you be here?" I realize he has a show to perform and he's standing here talking to me.
"Yeah. Louis' talking now. I've got time. Although I do have to start Story of my Life right about now." He checks his non existent watch and looks behind him.
"Then go?"
"Take this." He hands me my jacket and runs backstage. I hold it in my arms and slowly walk back to my seats. I think I've gone deaf by now from the screaming.

Lacey doesn't even notice that I'm back until I tap her on her shoulder. She smiles at me then notices my jacket. She grabs it and holds it up, inspecting it.
"He gave it back to you? When did you see him? How are you not freaking out?"
"In the hall he was standing there and gave it back to me. I think I'm going to cry." I hold my jacket to my chest and hug it.

There's something hard in the jacket pocket. I pull it out and it's a small silver box.
"What's that?" Lacey yells and huddles around me.
"I don't know." I slowly open the box and inside there's a note and a necklace with a phone booth charm. I drop the box and scream internally. Harry has just given me a necklace. I hold up the note and see there's an address on it and it's signed with an 'H'.

I show it to Lacey who hasn't stopped screaming her head off. She grabs my arm and shakes me. I scream in her face and hug her tightly. This must be some kind of joke. I'm gettin punk'd. Where are the cameras? I look around to make sure but only see Louis talking about how he's glad to be home after a long trip. Harry walks out with the biggest smile on his face. A girl in the front row yelled something to him and he looked at her funny then raised the microphone to his mouth.