3

The air was crisp, it felt cold, but pleasant

The Downtown smelled like rain, the air felt wet

Cars sped by, honking. People talking

Keith was beginning to get lost in his thoughts, until a warm hand squeezed his own, pulling him back to reality.

"Do you want anything? A coffee?" Lucy looked at him. "No i'm fine, i can wait out here. It looks busy inside" He smiled. Despite feeling a bit tired, he didn't want any caffeine.

"Alright, be right back" Her hand slipped out of his, his hand feeling cold again. He shoved it into his jacket pocket. He sat away from the front of the shop, taking in the sites and smells. He checked his phone. It read, "7:08 PM". 

He looked at his shoes, tracing the laces with his eyes. He removed his hands from his pockets and clasped them together. He slowly closed his eyes, dozing off.

It was quiet for a moment.

Then it felt like the whole world rushed at him. Everything seemed louder. He looked around in a panic. Where am I? He cried in his thoughts. He stood up, stepping away from the small partition he was sitting on just moments ago.

It seemed colder. He could see his breath in the air. The last he checked he was warm.. he was warm?

Keith frantically looked around. Where's my girlfriend? I have a girlfriend? Where is she??  He looked up, the sky was grey with dark clouds. The buildings seemed to lean and tower over him.

Drops of water began to fall onto his cheeks. They were cold. Rain began to pour down, he quickly brought his hood over his messy blue hair and started running through the streets. He saw a small alley way and he ran into it, breathing heavily. 

Small shop covers draped between the buildings, seeming unused for months. His frantic breath covered his vision, the sound of cars and loud rain filled his ears and he started feeling terribly overwhelmed.

There was a squishing noise, like shoes on wet concrete. Is this where i die?  Keith looked up to see who had approached him. There was a very tall man staring down at him. 

The sky was bright despite it raining, so he couldn't make out the details. He started to panic even more and tried to get up and run, but he felt something lift him up by his hood.

He came face to face with the stranger. Bright orange eyes stared back. "Oh, it's just you. Get lost kid, i don't want to see you again." The stranger put him down and stood there. 'What are you waiting for? Get out of here!"

Keith huddled himself into his hoodie, "I-i'm sorry sir, you have the wrong person. I don't know who you a-are. I'm just looking for.. for my girlfriend.." He wiped water from his face with his sleeve.

There was a pause. "What're you talkin' about? Stop playing. It ain't funny" He growled. "I'm really not joking, sir.." Keith held his breath.

"It's me, Whittey?"

-------------------------

DUN DUN DUUUN. Cliff hanger, because I wanted to get something out before i keep working on this book lol.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, have a great thanksgiving, or day wherever you are!

Love y'all!!!

-ShrimpyRye