Chapter 1|| Not technically SF

I'm running so fast I swear I'm about to trip over my feet but I don't dare look back. It's late at night and I'm running as fast as I can down the street in front of a bunch of houses. It's a pretty sketchy neighbourhood and if you've never been her before you'd think its the scariest place in town but you'd be wrong this has to be the best. We live in San Francisco, actually that's not true we live in the ugliest little town next to SF. And calling what we do living is probably also a lie.

I see Dallas beside me and can feel the current from Carter right behind me. They keep shouting at us and all I can do is keep running I feel my shoe lace untie and then realize that the other one was already undone so I jump a rock and let my red vans slip off my feet and I can't help but hold my breath as I leave my sneakers behind. For some people a shoe is just a shoe a disposable piece fabric but those people don't know what we've been through. I look down for a split second and see the red form fall onto the dirt scuffing the toes and I feel apart of me leave as I keep running and my red sneakers fade into the distance.

The shouting comes to a slow behind us and after a while the headlights are gone so eventually we decide to slow our pace and we end up walking and the flopping onto some strangers hammock. It's rough and striped with pink blue and green and the dirt and leaves from the trees it's tied into slip under my loose shirt when I fall onto them. We gently rock back and forth breathing heavily and Dallas laughs beside me. I look up and see Carter leaning over with her hands on her knees. "oh my fucking god" I hear her blurt out under her breaths.
"That lady really had to chill" I say "I mean I didn't mean to smash her flower pot but I was running from her fucking dog. I mean who leaves a fucking Rottweiler out with a leash." Carter and Dallas chuckle and I'm about to as well until I sit up and look at my feet. I stop for a moment, I just want the world to stop so I can run back to that street corner slip my shoes onto my feet and feel the warm embrace of the canvas hug up against my socks, but I don't. Then I get up suck in as much air as I can get and start walking. "lets go," I say walking away "we don't want the owner of this hammock to chase us too."
Dallas jumps off flinging the hammock around and the leaves fly off and float Gently down to the ground. Carter stands up straight stretches her arms above her head and the two catch up to me.
We walk down the street into the darkness and my white socks fade into a worn brown colour.
We walk for atleast an hour before making it to a ratty ass trailer. I look at it in disgust because it's so nasty looking, the originally what seems to be a yellow exterior is covered in years of dirt and now looks a light brown colour. The shutters on the window are broken or bent and the window on the door is smashed. Then I walk up the stairs open the door and see the home sweet home sign hanging above my bed.