200 years back!

I walked to my room with at least 5 maids following me.

I had just been coronated Queen Charolette of Aldara.

The problem was that im not actually Queen Charolette. As a matter of fact im no even from this age! I was a 33 year old diplomat fot Aldara 200 years into the future!

According to history Charolette was a good for nothing Queen who left all her work to the nobles leading to rampant corruption and eventually the people rebelled and she lost her head.

Her husband Prince Consort James ruled as regent for their son who was just 15 and improved the condition immensly.

Now i am 15 year old Charolette. After her uncle's death she is the only heir left.

Her father died when she was only 5 and she had a difficult relationship with her mother Duchess Alexandra 

My ladies were helping me change into a more easy to walk in dress which too was grand but at least i would be able to walk peacefully.

After I was done changing I headed to the monarch's office.

Piles of papers were on the table and worried looking nobles were standing outside.

I picked up the papers and read the contents. It was mostly reports and accounts.

''Her Majesty's uncle, the former King Edward didn't get a chance to look at them'' i looked at the speaker

He bowed ''I am Sid Vlie. I used to be his secretary''

i nodded. He looked young. so he was probably new.

'' As much as I hate to say this..'' I said loudly, so everyone could hear me. The og Charolette was just 15 so she would have been intimidated by these older noble men but i was mentally 33 and being a diplomat i have had to be in such situations plenty of times. You should not show any signs of weakness and speak with confidence.

''...I think we all know the condition of the palace work enviorment and the treasury is not the best, to put it mildly.''

They seemed to agree with the statement.

''SO from today onwards we shall strive to improve the conditions. Let's start with a meeting. I suspect you all are ready?''

I asked raising an eyebrow. THey seemed a little jittered but nodded