Chapter 20

<Jay's P.O.V.>
"Hey little brother."
I still hear his voice. He still hasn't hung up even though I've been silent for a while.
Jacob.
"You got the wrong number." I say, because I can't do this.
"Oh no I didn't little brother, Mom gave me your number a while back." He said and how dare he call me little brother. He has no right. And mentioning Mom? He doesn't even know she's gone.
"What the hell do you want?" I angrily say into my phone so close to ending the call.
"Don't be like that. I haven't seen you in a while, we should meet." Jacob says and I swear I can hear the cocky smirk on his face.
"A while meaning 20 years. You've been gone for 20, and now you show up. Back into my life. I can't do this Jacob. Not again." And with that I hang up. I set my phone on silent and turn around. I see the kids are eating and laughing at the dinner table and Erin is in the doorway watching me.
"Everything ok?" Her tone is a mix of worry and curiosity.
"Yeah, wrong number." I lie. I'll tell her later when kids are not within the earshot.
"Seemed like you knew the person on the other end. Can I ask who?" She asks and I want to tell her but I don't know if I should.
"Uhh, it was, uh, my brother." I say and look at the floor. She walks over to me and takes my face in her hands.
"It's ok. I'm here. And we are going to have fun and you'll forget about him. And if not, we can always talk about it." She looks me straight in the eyes and I give a slight nod. "Great." She pecks my lips and smiles.
That's what I live about her, she never pushes me. She walks around it carefully and then just hints that I should tell her. Usually I would but I don't want to enrich the kids' vocabulary. Erin sits on of the chairs and joins in the conversation with Eva and Diego. I'm still standing here quietly watching them. She looks so happy. And the kids seem to really like her, and I'm glad. She tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear and she looks beautiful. Her smile can light up a room, also it's pretty contagious. Just like her laugh. And her eyes, I get lost in them so easily, it's scary how much power she has over me. I smile to myself and walk to join them.
"Thor is better!" Diego yells and takes a bit from his sandwich.
"No I told you Iron Man." His sister argues with him.
"You both are all wrong. Captain America is the best." Erin says and I laugh.
"You girls don't understand. Thor is the best." I say and I stand by that statement.
"Are you against me!?" Erin exclaims and looks at me.
"I love you, but little man is right. I mean Thor controls lightning. He's a god for crying out loud." I look at Erin and she watches me. This is fun. I forgot how good it felt to be arguing with little kids about superheroes.
"Ok whatever. I'm gonna ask a very serious question and I want you to answer carefully. Superman or Batman?" Erin looks me dead in the eye and the kids watch me as well.
"Don't make a mistake." Eva laughs and continues staring me down.
"Batman. Of course." I hold my breath and Erin leans back.
"Good answer Jay. You're off the hook, for now." My girlfriend winks at me and I know what that means.
"So now that we played some games, we ate what are you guys thinking of doing?" Erin asks. She's like a natural. She'll make a great mom, someday.
Are you thinking of having kids with her?
What?! Noo. Maybe. I don't know. I just said she'll make a great mom, that has no relation to me.
So you don't want her to be the mother of your children?
I did not say that. I do. But not now. What is wrong with me?
"Can we go outside?" Diego asks.
"That's a great idea bud!" I chime in.
"Ok, you guys go into the backyard and I'll clean up and join you." Erin takes the plates and goes to wash them. Eva and Diego run to take sow thing to play with outside and the house falls quiet.
"That means you too mister." She points to me and I get up and walk over to where she is washing the dishes.
"Jaayy." She says my name as I hold her hips in place and leave a trail kisses down her neck to her collarbone.
"What? I want to have fun too." I smile against her soft skin. God she smells good. Like flowers and summer.
She leans back into me and I grip her hips tighter. Erin turns around and connects our lips. Her arms instantly tangle behind my neck and I pick her and place her on the counter. Even with my brace I still have moves. Her legs wrap around my torso and my hands travel up her back under the shirt she's wearing. Her hands are now working on taking my own shirt off and soon it's on the floor. Her shirt soon joins mine on the floor. It's been days since we had any sexual activity and I miss it. I miss her. But the brace makes it very hard to enjoy anything at all. Except these, hot, make out sessions.
"Jay." Erin moans my name as I kiss her sweet stop. Right under her ear.
"I know." I answer in between kisses. We have to stop, because at any moments Antonio's completely innocent children can walk in. But I don't want it to stop. But we need to. And it's hard. It's hard to resist Erin as it is, but while we are like this it's so much harder.
I kiss her one last time time and I can feel it in the kiss neither of us want to pull away. But I do, and I glance at Erin. Her lips are a little swollen from the kisses and she is out of breath. She bites her lip.
"Don't do that." I say.
She knows that when she bites her lip I get weak. It turns me on too.
"Then you don't look at me like that." I know what she means. We just stay like that for a while. Her hands in my hair and mine holding her put in that counter. She just sighs and looks down.
"Just 2 more weeks and this thing is off." I say but she already knew that.
"It's gonna be two longest weeks of my life." She licks her eyes with mine and gets grumpy.
"Hey don't be upset. We can still have fun." I say in a low voice that drives her crazy. Her fingers get tighter in knots in my hair. She is breathing hard trying to calm down, I know because that is what I'm doing. Neither of us are worrying about time but it must've been a while because we both are ripped from our perfect little bubble, but a cry coming from the backyard. Erin jumps down from the counter and hands me my shirt and runs outside while putting hers back on. The worst comes to my mind and I push it out. But more come flooding in and I rush to the window. But the crutches slow me down. This is why I hate being injured. I can't help if something happens. And I'm sure that Erin gets terrified if she gets into a dangerous situation.
<Erin's P.O.V.>
I run outside, I'm already out of breath from what happened in the kitchen with Jay, and all of this running is not helping me.
I run around the house into the backyard and I see Diego lying on the ground, crying out in pain. Eva is hovering over him trying to comfort him.
"What's wrong?" I drop beside Diego and look where he is holding the hurt place.
"I-I don't know. We kicking the ball around and th-then he fell. Please help." Eva pleads looking at her hurt brother. I notice he's holding his ankle and I remove his hands and breath out. It's not broken. He just sprained it. At least those medical training camps I went to finally paid off.
"He's ok. He's ok." I look at her and pick him up. He's not heavy but still it's challenging getting him up the steps and into the house. Eva is not letting his hand go and walks beside me. I lay crying Diego in the couch and run into the kitchen where I left Jay. He is standing by the window and quickly turns around when hears me coming.
"What happened? Is he ok?" Jay asks and I nod.
"He's fine. He sprained his ankle, I just need ice. I lot.
"The freezer. There should be peas in there." He motions toward the fridge and I rush to open it. I find two bags or peas and take them out. I walk back to where I left injured Diego.
"Hey buddy. You're ok. Just a sprain. I got some ice." I placed the bags around his ankle and he winced.
"It-it's h-hurts." Diego managed to get out through sobs and tears.
"It going to be alright. I promise. My brother would get them a lot. He was on the soccer team. He was the best." I say.
'Was' I used past tense. As in no longer here with me. Like was the best on the team and I was proud of him. He was pretty good. Again 'was' past tense. I guess I'm getting used to it. Although he's never actually gone. Just not with me anymore. I close my eyes and a shaky breath comes out.
I open them and everyone is looking at me. Jay is giving one of his 'feel ok' smiles and I nod. He does not take his eyes off me and I put my hand on Diego's shoulder and squeeze it.
"How does it feel?" I ask.
"Cold." Diego answers and we all laugh.
"We should watch a movie." Jay says and comes around the couch to stand behind me.
"Yeah we should. That's sounds great. What movie do you guys want to watch?" I stand up next to Jay and ask the kids.
"I want to watch Lion King." Eva says.
"No I want to watch Toy Story." Diego lifts his head up and protests.
"But you love Lion King." Eva tries to convince Diego, which she actually succeeds because Diego lays his head back and mumbles a small 'fine'.
"I'll make some popcorn. Eva bs Jay help Diego sit up. And elevate his leg." I order them and go back into the kitchen to find a bowl and popcorn. After looking in the pantry I find popcorn and I put in the microwave. While the 30 seconds were going by, I look through the cabinets to find a bowl and finally I find it. And right on cue the popcorn is done. I take it out and open the packet carefully trying not to burn my self. I empty the contents into the bowl and grab it. I turn the lights off and join the guys in the living room.
Eva is putting in the DVD and Jay put a pillow on the coffee table and placed Diego's leg on it. He sat next to him and put his leg on the table as well.
"I smell popcorn." Diego's eyes light up and I give him the bowl. He takes a few and pops them into his mouth. I take a seat next to Jay and pull my legs under me. Once Eva's done she plops next to her brother and takes some of the popcorn too. I feel Jay put his arm around my shoulders and lean in.
"Are you ok?" He whispers in my ear and that sends shivers down my back.
"Yeah. Just memories." I answer and kiss him.
When I pull back I put my head on his shoulder and snuggle close to him. I glance over at the kids and smile. They are snuggled up against each other and Eva is hugging her brother.
Jay takes my hand in his and interlocks our fingers. The movie starts and we watch it.
Lion King is one of my favorite movies. Yes I'm 24 years old and Lion King is my favorite movie. Its a classic. The scenes go by and the saddest one comes up. When Mufasa dies saving his son. When Simba finds his father dead under the dry tree. I tear up when the little cub can't wake up his dad up to go back home. I small sob escapes my lips and I feel Jay pull me closer. I wipe my tears and continue watching the movie. Ok the sad part is over well at least the saddest one is. Jay kisses my head softly and turn his attention back to the screen.
Just like old times, but everything is upside down. Funny how life changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello all of my lovely reader, I really hope you are enjoying this as much as I am enjoying writing it. So here's chapter 20. And I'm here like whaaaaaat? Already. Yeah I know. But I'm probably gonna update tomorrow because I'm on spring break. So yeah. And I'll be updating 'Don't Give Up' as well so look out for that. And I just want to say thank you all. It means a lot that you stuck with me this long.
Love you all,
Ari
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~