7

Naruto slammed the front door shut and ran up the stairs, trying to rush to his room without having to talk to his family. It didn't work out real well, when both Kurama and Iruka were alerted by the slamming front door.

"Naruto?" Iruka asked. He was surprised his son was home so soon. He was expecting him to be back a lot later.

His question was answered by the slamming of Naruto's door. Iruka and Kurama looked at each other.

They both started up the stairs, worried when they heard sobbing from Naruto's room.

Iruka knocked on the door, hoping he could help the young man.

"Go away..." Naruto's hoarse voice came from the other side of the door.

"Naruto, what's going on? Can you tell me what's wrong?"

"He's a lying bastard!"

Iruka was taken aback by the shout. He looked at Kurama, worry prevalent in both their eyes.

"Naruto, can we come in? It's just me and your brother."

"Fine..." It sounded almost defeated. Like he was done.

Iruka opened the door slowly, finding Naruto curled up in a ball in the corner of the room, wrapped up in his favorite blanket, a ratty fox plush clutched to his chest. When he looked up at the two men walking in, Iruka was heartbroken to see his son look so devastated. His face was splotchy with red marks, tears rolling down his cheeks, his eyes red and puffy.

Kurama hurried over to his younger brother, understanding the situation. Something came up, either while he was at the Uchiha's house or in the car, that caused some sort of truth to come out, something that Naruto wasn't expecting and was extremely hurt by. Iruka left the brothers, knowing the redhead was better suited for this. He shut the door behind him quietly, so as not to disturb them.

Kurama sat down next to Naruto and wrapped his arm around him. He pulled the blond close to him, laying his brother's head on his shoulder and his own hand on the blond hair.

"What did he lie about? And was it a full lie where he said something untrue? Or was it lying simply by not saying anything?" Kurama asked softly, looking down at the blond.

Naruto simply held up two fingers.

"You're going to have to give me more information than that, bud. You can't expect me to know what you mean. I get he lied by omission, but that doesn't explain the whole thing. Why are you so upset about it?"

Naruto pulled away from his brother and stood up, dropping the fox and retrieving his phone from his bed before returning to his spot. He unlocked his phone and opened his FanStory page, pulled up the DMs between him and UI1992, and gave his phone to his brother, after scrolling it up a bit to a certain conversation, with no further explanation.

Confused, Kurama took the device and read through the displayed messages. He became more confused the more he read. He didn't understand how Naruto's boss choosing to have the blond send both edited and unedited documents from his coworkers would have anything to do with Itachi lying by omission.

Then, of course, he paid more attention to the username, and he put it together instantly.

"You're upset he didn't tell you he was your friend on FanStory?"

"Not just that..." Naruto trailed off, voice hoarse from crying. "I told him stuff about me, personal stuff... my innermost feelings, not just about my job, but about him as well... I told him how I felt after the museum debacle..." He trailed off and went into deep thought, remembering something Itachi had said to him that day. "Give me my phone back?" Kurama handed it over and Naruto began scrolling through their conversations again, trying to locate something. "I'm such an idiot!" He face palmed after he found it. "It was right there, he gave me a hint and I totally missed it! Dammit!"