chapter ~8~

I got to go home that Wednesday. My mom had church that night so while she went, I had to find a friend's house to stay at. I chose my best friend Campbell. We have been friends since late 1st grade! She has been there for me. I was nervous because I was keeping like THE BIGGEST secret of my life! How could I tell her that o have cancer? I love Campbell, & I don't want her worried about me.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When we arrived at Campbell's she, as always, was sitting in the small porch swing that always makes the same creaking sound. It sounds like nails on a chalk board. It gives me the freaking chills! Anyways, we said bye to my mo as we walked into her house. It was a small house. It was a baby blue with brown window seals & a brown door. It was a cute house? and not too crowded. She lives with her grandparents. Her mom died when she was seven due to a plane crash. Her dad is in jail. She never really talks about them.
Her grandmother invited us in with a hug and her famous brownies. She invited us to sit on the couch. She had the news on. " Where is your grandfather? "
" He got called on a new court project thingy. "
" Oh cool! "
We watched t.v. for a few more minutes then went to Campbell's room.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
" Um. Campbell? "
" Yeah Gabby? "
" I have to tell you something really important. I don't want you to fill bad or anything. "
" I'm scared now. But whatcha got?! "
" So a few weeks ago you know when I left early for a doctor's check up? "
" Yeah. "
" Well that was a lie. I mean I did go to the doctors office, but it wasn't a checkup. I was checking for cancer. "
" Oh my gah! Gabby!! I had no idea! Have you gotten the results yet? "
" Campbell. I have cancer. " We both tried to control the Coosa river that tried to flow out of our eyes. The tears rushed out almost as fast as the spit that flowed out of my 6th grade band teachers spit valve!