Chapter Six: Demon Mating Season

(Example: Gray Fullbuster)

Demon mating season occurs during the season of spring. During this time, a demon is to find their mate, also known as a soulmate, to spend the rest of their lives together. Spring starts on March 21st and ends June 20th. The demon must be at least 21 years of age for them to be affected by the mating season. Before the stages of the season are listed, there are a few things to be aware of when preparing for the season as a mate or as the affected human. Demon mating season is very similar to dragon mating season. But because of no data of a female demon slayer going through the season, there will be no explanation of how a female demon will react to the season.

During the first week or two, the male will develop a headache due to the physical changes in their power and due to the stress of needing to find their mate. Because of the headache, they will become very irritable and snappy if put under too much pressure. During the time of the start of spring and the time they will find their mate and court them, they will go through personality changes. Not any major changes like if they are goofy, they won't be serious all the time. Their personality will change to be more mature during this time. Once they find their mate, they will not want to leave their side ever. They will keep a small distance until the male is ready to court. They become very possessive toward their mate when others are around them. They can and will attack anyone that comes close to their mate or who poses a threat to the demon. This makes them very jealous and overprotective to say the lease. Another symptom is a large increase in power. The reason for this is in case of an emergency, the demon is able to protect their mate in times of danger. After the demon has mated their increase of power will be permanent. Now the stages of the season are something to keep in mind.

Stage One: Searching for Mate

Male: A male dragon will become very stiff and focus on finding their mate. He will be very dominant and irritable. If a male dragon has a female dragon as a mate, he will smell the scent of a submissive female. He will want to find her and start to show animalistic behaviors. They need to be near the scent at all times to keep themselves in check. Same if for a male dragon who has a mate that is not a dragon but will be very overprotective. They have the urge to be near their mate no matter what. A male dragon will stand by his mate's side to prevent any other males from courting her or coming near her.

Stage Two: Courting

Male: Their way of courting is the same as the male dragons except there are no words of ancient language used. The male demon will approach their mate slowly but confidently. He will ask his mate if she would like to speak with him somewhere else alone. He will then bring his mate to a place that she holds dear or a place that matches her magic and personality to make the courting special.

Stage Three: Nesting

Male: The male demon, as we have seen, will build the nest, but it will be more of a den than a nest. Males do not have the instinct to build nests. If there is a female the male trusts, he will ask for her help to build a nest for his mate. The male will be on high alert at all times during the nesting process. The process is important but not as sacred as it is for a female dragon for her mating season. There is no real explanation to this but when a female makes a nest, it is far more sacred than a male made nest.

Stage Four: Marking and Mating

Non-Dragon Mate: The demon will prepare to mate and mark their mate. The male will prepare his mate to mate and gently love her. This is hard for the male to be gentle because at this point the season has almost completely taken over the dragon's and their instincts. But he will be gentle and try to hold back. Once the mating has begun for both sides of the mating process, during the mating process the dragons will hold their mate as closely as possible. They will then angle themselves to their mate's neck to place their mark. At the point of release, the demons will bite and mark their mate completing the mating process. The demon's mark will leave a mark that represents their element. A fire demon will leave a fire, an ice demon will leave a snowflake, etc. The ability to speak telepathically with their mate will be permanent.