Missed your chance - [Carol]

Carol x Reader
Y/N POV

Request for @gaybecauseoflizzieLove the username btw, anyway hope this was what you were looking for :)Sorry if I changed it too much

Love the username btw, anyway hope this was what you were looking for :)
Sorry if I changed it too much.

You and Carol have been the best of friends for as long as you can remember, you knew the day you started working together as avengers, you would be inseparable.

Fighting and saving the world together, you being the youngest Odinson sibling with the power of the seas and earth, whilst Carol using her energy manipulation which made you the best duo on the team.

You love your life, you love that you get to do what you love for a living and do it with your favourite person, the person you have been slowly falling for by your side at all times.

That was until Director Fury had called in an important meeting for the avengers...

Everything was going fine, you knew you and the team could handle this threat easily it was just another mission for you and your Bestfriend to conquer.

But what came out of Fury's mouth next, made your heart sink.

"And I need Danvers to be our eyes and ears up in Cygnus A." He says beginning to shuffle up the last paperwork he had brought out.

"Cygnus A?!?!" You say standing up from your seat and look between Fury and Carol.

"Sir Cygnus A is at least 600 million light years away" You point out knowing that would take Carol forever to get there.

"I'm aware Miss Odinson, but I and Miss Danvers know she can travel at six times the speed of sound, which will allow her to get there sooner than anyone, which is why I chose her" He says giving you a pointed look.

"But-" You try to protest again but stop when you feel a hand placed on your shoulder.

You turn around to meet those godamn eyes you love staring into so much.

She has a sad smile spread on her face as she looks at you pleadingly.

She turns to look at Fury whilst she intertwines your fingers with hers "I'll come back later for briefing" She tells him.

And within that moment you felt your heart shatter, knowing that was her accepting to leave you here for who knows how long.

He nods his head as him and everyone else start to leave the meeting room, you look at the door they exit and see Nat giving you a sympathetic smile, she knows how close you are with Carol so knowing she's leaving you hurts.

Once everyone had left, that's when you started to feel the tears leave your eyes.

"Oh y/n/n" Carol says sympathetically as she pulls you into an embrace.