III. We Hate Each Other

Flashlights from the cameras fill the whole corner of the street, where the red carpet event of the MAMA annual music awards 2021 takes place.

The sound of fans calling out their idol's name mixed with the vibrant music in the background together create an atmosphere that is hard to stand still.

Inside the stage, the rows of guest seats gradually filled up. The ceremony will start in 1 hour 30 minutes. But the seats of honor at the front are still empty.

"This way Ms Hwang!"

Weaved through the crowd of people who couldn't stop squealing over Hwang Yeji. She held the other's soft hand.

"We shouldn't-"

Realizing that Chaeryeong's shyness was about to pull her hand away, she squeezed her grip even more, not wanting to let the younger go, and leading her out of this stuffy entrance.

"Yeji!!"

Chaeryeong glanced in the direction of the call, Yeji raised her hand to wave at them, and signaled she would come back later. Probably her best friends

"Ms, be careful"

The bodyguard warned the two girls as they prepared to walk down the stairs leading to the backstage where there would be a surprise interview that Yeji had been informed about in advance.

With her, these interviews were nothing, but to the younger girl by her side, it would be a little tough.

"Hey hey, it's will be okie, relax. If you don't know the answer. Just look at me. You can do it." Yeji quickly steals a kiss on the hand that she has been holding while whispering to Chaeryeong.

She knows exactly what Chaeryeong is worried about. It's definitely not because of the upcoming interview, that Yeji's just as worried as Chaeryeong is, but she has to put on a straight face for the younger.

More than anyone else, Yeji saw how Chaeryeong was having trouble with the company when the rumors circulating them started to spread. Indeed, the initial plan was aimed for the "Best Friend" image, but somehow Yeji lost her way.

She's gone so far that by the time she realizes it, it's too late to change. The public has partly realized and her feelings have gradually become clear.

What bothers Yeji is still everyone's reaction. She must ensure the stable future development career of both herself and Chaeryeong. On the other hand, one must find a way to maintain this "difference" relationship in the safe zone.

Yeji doesn't have the courage to come out, to face the media, fans, other K-pop artists, and most importantly, her strict family.

No matter how famous, how successful, rich she is, she is still just a woman like any other woman in this world. Still enjoy baking, walking in the park, and being loved by the woman she chooses to be her soul mate, her partner for life.

But now that wish is just a fleeting dream.

Yeji wants to know who really loves her, is willing to stand up for her, still supports her once they see her kissing another woman. Can they still?

They're things she had never dared to share with anyone. Although sometimes she wanted to tell Chaeryeong all the thoughts in her head, just hoping she would understand. But just by looking at the carefree pretty smile of her, Yeji flinches again. Is that how angels smile. And she decided to keep it to herself.

Deep in her thought, Yeji didn't know that there's a pair of eyes watching her all this time, even though that person was still scared but she never let go of her hand for a second.