Chapter 2

"I'm so sorry!" I grabbed some napkins, patting his shirt without thinking.

He grabbed my hand softly, taking the napkins to wipe it off himself. "It happens to the best of us."

He had quite a charming voice and as I looked up I was met with a beautiful gaze as well. He had curly, ginger hair and the most beautiful eyes I had seen. I smiled softly at him and he gave a slight smile back.

"I really am quite clumsy," I replied, grabbing more napkins.

He took the napkins chuckling softly, "Everyone can be at times"

"I owe you a coffee sir," I said as I went to grab some money for his drink.

"You're fine seriously, It's one drink" He smiled

I looked up at him then remembered his sweater "I do also owe you a new sweater"

He looked down at his sweater "Now, that part is true"

"I really am sorry sir, how can I repay you?" I said, concerned about his sweater.

He took a few seconds to think about the question I had asked before saying "Well, how about you accompany me to the fall fair today?"

"Shall we?" I held open the door, ushering him "Ladies first"

He laughed and headed out the door as we both walked down the busy street. "So, this is an interesting way to repay you," I looked up at him as he sipped his coffee.

He turned his head towards me, smiling "Well, what can I say, I do like a sudden rendezvous that was unplanned,"

"I can't say I disagree with you there," I replied seeing the park ahead

The breeze blew through my hair and jacket as we walked. The red, orange, and yellow leaves falling around us everywhere.

I sipped some coffee while turning towards him

I sipped some coffee while turning towards him. "So do you like fall?"

"I do like fall, It is a beautiful time of the year especially in this city" He looked back at me, keeping the same pace as me.

"I must say you are right about that, the colors and smells are astonishing during this time of the year" I walked through the gates to the fair, him following close behind.

Before I knew it, the sun was setting and it was getting colder. Throughout the day, we had shared laughs and stories from our childhoods and our time in the city. He had told me that he had moved here for a better-paying job in the music industry and told me about his times in college. I had told him about how I had moved from the south all the way up north to pursue the life I had wanted for myself.

I sat on the park bench eating a caramel apple as he told me about what he does in his line of work.

I realized that he had not told me his name yet and had decided to ask "So, mysterious man I have followed around today, I realized I haven't even gotten your name,"

He looked at me smiling, "Well, what do you think my name is?"

"Hm you look like an Alex to me," I said before taking another bite of my apple

He chuckled "Well, that is not close but good guess,"

"So then, what is your name?" I asked looking into his eyes intensely making him laugh

He raised an eyebrow "Isn't that the fun of it all, not knowing my name and I not knowing yours,"

"You can call me Avery, Stranger Danger" I smiled genuinely, him smiling back, caught in my gaze. 

"The fair will be closing in 10 minutes" An intercom broke through the tension that was between us.

He stood up "Well, Avery, it looks like we are being forced out of here"

As we went out of the gates and crossed the street we continued our talk as the breeze flew through my clothing, sending shivers down my back. I looked around as we walked in peace towards the coffee shop we had met at. The stars glistened down on the streets that were once full of faces. I stopped walking and he turned to look at me, wondering why I had stopped.

I rubbed my hands together to gain some warmth. "I didn't even think of it, but is this towards your place?"

"He took off his coat and placed it around me saying "It is yes, I am a few blocks up"

"Okay great, thank you for the coat, it's starting to get a little chilly out," I said as I put on the coat as I began walking again.

 As we passed the coffee shop I stopped at my apartment complex and looked at him smiling, "Well, this is my place Stranger Danger"

He grinned softly, "Well, Avery may I possibly have your number? I had fun today, it was spontaneous and unplanned"

Pulling out my phone I gave him my number and waved him goodbye and watched him head off into the dark as I climbed up the stairs. I sat on my bed, looking at the city skyline, lighting up the darkness. I smiled to myself. Today was something I enjoyed. Something I am glad happened. I laid down, petting Mr.Fluffs as he curled up nestling into me as I slowly drifted off.