Chapter II

The second and third class of the day fly by and I'm excited to tell Cienna all about what happened. I hadn't texted her cause she prefers to hear things in person, and I love seeing her reaction.

She met up with me in the cafeteria. I made sure to not sit near Hunter or his friends to ensure that they couldnt hear us.

After I broke the news, her jaw was instantly dropped to the floor, she knew that he liked me. And I knew it too.

"Wait a minute, he actually said that to you?" Cienna exclaims

"Yes, I cannot believe it either, it came out of nowhere. I wonder why the sudden interest in me. It's crazy to think before that there was nothing there, I mean, I felt some chemistry but nothing ever occured."

"I just- I have no words Mariah. Like honestly, I'm just so confused"

"Me too Cienna"

After awhile our other friends show up, Lynn, and Rosa, they always like to go on their own little adventures. Doing who knows what.

"Hey girls, so any tea?" Asks Lynn, Rosa nods in her direction wondering as well.

Cienna responds, " Oh the tea Mariah has for you, sit down and listen."

I go on to explain the same situation as I did to Cienna, and their reaction was almost identical to hers.

Leaving everyone at the table in complete disbelief of what occured, the bell for lunch rang.

We all say our goodbyes and part our ways.

Nothing exciting happened in 5th or 7th period. Only just boring syllabus review and introductions. During 7th period I was so relieved when the final bell rang.

~~~

I finally get home after my first day in hell. Well it wasn't all that bad.

Once I get to my room I lay down trying to take a nap but the events of today are preventing me from doing so.

My mom walks in and asks

"How was your first day of school sweetie?" She says in her beautiful British accent

I'm half English on my moms side, but I barley picked up the accent. It only shows when I travel back to England in the summer.

"It was actually kinda good mom, but you know the first few days are boring."

"Okay well let me know if youre hungry or need anything."

"Okay, thanks mom."

She leaves my room and my mind starts to wander.

Why did he say that to me, theres no way he actually said that. Hunter, does he like me? Well he must because he wouldnt just flirt for no reason.

After over thinking everything for way to long I feel my phone vibrate and to my surprise it's from Hunter.

~~~
Hunter:
   hey girl

Mariah:
   Hey

Hunter:
   how was your first day of school i bet that i made it better

Mariah:
   It was good and i guess you could say that

Hunter:
   i guess??? C'mon Riah
~~~

In actuality my day was way better than it would have been without him. Even though I only saw him for like not even like 15 minutes.

~~~
Hunter:
   are you busy at all?

Mariah:
    Not really Im just laying in bed relaxing.

Hunter:
   okay good

Mariah:
   Wait good?!?
~~~

What? Why did he say that, what is he planning to do.

In almost a moments flash I hear my phone ringing and the caller is Hunter. What?!?

Answering the call he says

"Hey pretty girl"

Damn, flirting already what in the world?

"Hey... So why did you call?"

"So I could talk to you Riah, duh"

"Well then talk to me" I reply

He stays silent for a few moments, I assume thinking of what to say.

"What are you up to?"

Thats the best he could think of?

"Well Im just laying in bed, I was trying to take a nap but I couldnt fall asleep at all. What were you doing?"

He replies, " Well I barley got back from football practice, and I couldn't stop thinking about you. So I had to call and bother you."

Soon after I could hear mumbling in the back.

"Sorry Riah, I have to go my mom is calling for me. I will talk to you later?" He says leaving it open ended.

"Oh- yes of course, I will talk to you later"

"Bye" He says

"Goodbye"

The call ended.

What in the hell just happened?

~735 words