CHAPTER 18

RECAP- SHIVA TALKS TO DHARA

The day passed in a frenzy for both Shiva and Raavi. It was Diwali and Raavi certainly wanted to enjoy the day. She woke up and did pooja, made rangoli and called all friends and family to give Diwali wishes, except for Shiva.

Shiva is also quite excited for tonight as he is going to propose her, and if everything goes fine, they would get married. He definitely was looking up to a great future with her, she would be an amazing wife and daughter-in- law, he knew.

At evening, Raavi wore a beautiful pink lehenga, and pinned her dupatta in a way that clearly showed her full back, the fact that she chose a backless blouse for the day. Shiva wore a white sherwani and took blessings of his parents.

S- Maa main aaj bata dunga Raavi ko...

D- Haaye mera baccha khush rehna hamesha...

Shiva smiled as Narayans enter the home. His eyes look at Raavi and get fixed on her. She was looking like an angel straight out of a fairy land. Raavi came forward and bent to take everyone's blessings, that's when he shifted his gaze and greeted the other family members.

R- Happy Diwali Aunty Uncle, Happy Diwali Shiva..

She smiled at him and he got mesmerized. For the first time, he was looking at her with all his love, as a lover, without any restrictions. He smiled back at her, confusing her a little. Wasn't he angry at her, she thought.

S- Happy Diwali Raavi.

All the family members gathered for lakshmi pooja. All while the pooja was going on, Shiva kept on looking at her through the side of his eyes and smiling. This made Raavi conscious of herself. Was something wrong with her face and looks?

As the pooja got over and they had prashad, she went straight to him.

R- Aapko kuch bolna hai kya...

S- Matlab?

R- Aap kabse mujhe aise kyon ghur rahe ho, kuch gadbad hai kya...Main acchi nahi lag rahi kya...

S- Bohot acchi...sabse sundar...

R- Really?

Shiva stood silent as his trance got broken.

R- Listen Shiva, ham na parson ka dil bhul jaate hain, let's assume ki maine aapse kuch kaha hi nahi tha, ham abhi bhi friends reh sakte hain na...

S- Naa...ab ham friends nahi rahenge...

Raavi felt someone stabbed her heart. Tears formed in her eyes after listening to him, she knew it, he was never going to be friends with her again, she cursed herself for opening up to him that day. Her voice broke.

R- Shiva please...

Shiva decided to tease her a little before confessing to her. He maintained a straight face.

S- Stay away Raavi, ham donon ke liye yahi sahi hai ki ham dobara na mile...

She ran away immediately, trying hard to control her tears. As the families were busy in lighting crackers, he followed her but she was nowhere to be found. Where did she go in blink of a second?

As he moved in the corridor, he heard sobbing sounds from the store room and concluded she was inside.

S- Mujhe aisa mazak nahi karna chahiye tha usske saath, usse kitna bura lag raha hai...

As he went inside, he saw her crying in one corner of the room with her head down and arms around her knees.He decided to go closer to her but saw that an old wooden shelf was going to fall over her head in a few seconds.