Chapter 7: High Achievers Camp- Day 1

...

"Oh hey Emma," Lana greeted me.

"We were called for dinner, don't be late."

Shit- that sounded harsh. I walked out of the cabin, not looking back.

"What was that about?" I heard Zale ask, as I sprinted towards the dining hall. Why did that hurt? I don't even know who she is. People were still entering as I sprinted up to the entrance, finding Lilith waiting in line.

"Where's Zale and Lana?" She asked, looking behind me to try find them.

"Still at the cabin."

"Did something happen, you seem sorta mad?" Lilith questioned.

"I hate Lana."

"I thought you had a-" Lilith started, but I covered her mouth before she could continue.

"No."

She sighed.

"What happened?" Lilith questioned.

"She's got a crush on someone," I whispered.

"So?" Lilith asked, slightly confused.

"It's not me..." I looked down in disappointment. It went silent for bit before Lilith burst out into laughter.

"Emma seriously?" She laughed. "Even if it isn't you, why are you so worked up about it? It's not like you love her. She's allowed to have feelings for whoever she wants, and you have to be there to support her, because she's your friend, not because she's your crush."

"Don't say that!" I shouted, grabbing others attention for a second, before they turned away and went back to their conversations.

"Emma's got a crush~" Lilith teased, smirking. I stated turning a bright red colour. "No matter who she likes don't let it get to you. You're fifteen, just started high school. Crushes will come and go."

"Easy for you to say, you were a kid when you were crushing on someone," I muttered.

"Still, a crush is just stupid feelings. You'll get over it if it's bothering you so much," Lilith rolled her eyes, standing up straight noticing the line starting to move. I sighed, why god did I have to like Lana, out of all the girls?

...or boys-

...OR ANYTHING IN BETWEEN-

SEXUALITY IS CONFUSING, OKAY?

We started walking into the dining hall, I was taken aback at the sight. It was so crowded, a couple of people were drinking while everyone else was waiting. I felt a tug at my hand.

"Emma, wanna sit with us?"

I looked down, it was Mei. Two kids smiled at me as I looked at them. There was four extra seats.

"Yeah, if my friends can," I replied, grabbing onto Lilith's hand before she could walk off. She suddenly stopped, nearly bumping into those behind her. She apologised to those behind us.

"Emma, Lilith, these are my friends, Jake and Cali, guys, this is my friend Emma and her best friend Lilith," Mei introduced, Jake and Cali smiling at us.

"So how do you know Mei, Emma?" Cali asked, tapping her fingers on the table.

"Oh, our mums met so long ago when my mum visited Shanghai. Couple of years ago, my mum went back to Shanghai to meet Auntie Fei and I met Mei. We became friends but I haven't seen her since I left," I explained, recalling when I met Mei. She smiled at me, agreeing with my explanation. "Since I was young, I didn't have a way of communicating with her apart from through our parents."