Chapter 2

I wish I could say that the familiar scenery of my home town helped me calm down as we drove, or that sense of adventuring in a totally different country took hold of me with each mile that passed as we got to the airport. But really I was in a daze of what it's like in England, who I'm going to meet, if it's going to rain a lot,  accents, diseases, maybe even death, now I'm really getting out of hand with this. I just need to calm down and hope for the best.

"Here we are!" my mother squeals when we drive into the area to drop of tired travelers. It isn't until i get out of the car that i realize that I am really am leaving home, my life, my small amount of friends. I gaze through the large windows like a person in a trance and a large force shoves my light body to the pavement. The man looks down and just continues walking like he didn't just knock over a girl, well that was just rude as shit. My mother rushes over looking overly worried. Her frail, pale hands pull me up and i start to brush myself though there is nothing on me. Why do people do that anyway? It's not like they fell in a pile of dirt. "Honey, are okay?!" her frail voice yells over the large clusters of busy people. 

"Yes mom, it's not like I broke a bone or anything, I only fell." I say reassuringly but it comes out more sarcastic than I intended, I pull back my dark hair that managed to fall in front of my face and let out a breathe of frustration, she quickly nods and does a double take looking at my body like a surgeon. She nods and quickly strolls over to the trunk of the car and grabs my small amount of luggage. I don't see the point in bringing so many clothes, it's just going to make it a struggle to carry with me and I will most probably will buy more when I get to England. She lightly hands me half of my bags and keeps the rest and walks ahead of me through the sliding doors. We walk pass a man dressed in an army uniform as he hugs a sobbing woman will her children innocently stand to the side. I really feel bad for the families that have to see their parents or friends go to wars not knowing if they are coming back or not. I don't realize that I wasn't walking until my mother drags me away and guides me to the area to have my bags checked.

After what seems like forever of annoying, overweight, sweaty men shoving me through sensor thingies and scanning my bags I finally am finished. I think one of them was checking me out. Ewe, that's just gross to think about. We get in front of the walkway for me to board my plane as my mom grabs my shoulders stopping my from walking away from her, she spins me around looks at me through glazed eyes, "At least you don't have to wait for hours on end for my plane." she sniffles in between soft giggles, her thin hands reach up and run through my hair as if she's trying to take in all my features to remember me as I'm gone, I give her a small reassuring smile. "Yeah, let's just pray I don't have to sit in front of a loud little mini human." I try and lighten the mood and it works a little as she let's out a low laugh.

"I'm going to miss my baby girl." her hands trail down my arms and cup my hands as she sniffles and wipes her tears that managed to fall with her free hand. "I'll miss you so much, I'll only be gone a year, I could be gone longer so I'm grateful." Usually I don't get along with my mom but I feel close to her in this short amount of time in this crowded airport. "That's exactly what I hate, I'm going to be in rehab while you're going to be out most probably partying and going around with boys, I can't look out for you." her eyes wander to my scars on my forearm. I slip my arm away from her grasp and say, "I'll be fine mom, nothings going to happen to me, I'll call you if anything happens, okay?" I wrap my long arms around her thin body.

"You promise?" her thin breathe fans against the hair beside my ear.

"Promise." I lightly say and pat her back and pull away grabbing my bags and giving her a small wave and she returns it with a crushed look on her face. It hurts me to see her just stand there like she's going to break down, but she's going to get better when she goes to rehab which brightens my thoughts for a minuscule amount of time.

I can't help but feel in the pit of my stomach that I'm going to break my promise soon. I don't know, it might just be the nervous bubbles of emotion in my stomach. maybe 

* * * * * * * * *
Sorry this chapter is is so short. I suck, this was supposed to be longer but it didn't feel right making it continue to her going to the
I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever even though I just started writing this book. Hope you guys haven't bailed out on me after one chapter. I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do with this book.

Love you guys. Make sure to vote and comment