-16 | Debate!

Oooh y'all! Glad to see you made it ; )

Let's get into it!
_______________________________

- She looks lovely

The yellow flower dress fit her perfectly, hugging every curve of her body as if it was made just for her. I couldn't help but smile at the woman when she approached us.

"Welcome gentlemen, any requests for dinner?"

She spoke in such a respectful way towards them even though she had both met them and gotten to know their way of talking before. The boys looked at each other as if trying to communicate without speaking, but got no result.

"Anything you present us with will be divine miss Potter."

It seems that Mike had been reborn in a way.. his nerve being calm and his enthusiasm high. Joan smiled at his remark, strutting her way to the kitchen cabinets.

Time skip to the food

Four plates of buttered oven cooked salmon got placed on the table, making all of our mouths water. She presented the food with pride, gaining happiness from seeing our hungry eyes. She sat herself down and began to dig in.

Mike is very clean when it comes to food and he always eats with an etiquette, but Josh.. oh dear Josh.. let's just say he and Ron share a few manners. Joan didn't seem to mind the way he stuffed his face, she just enjoyed that people were eating the food that she put so much love into making.

"Ms Potter, you have outdone yourself, this is incredible."

Mike was looking at his half finished plate with the same sparkle I had seen in Joan's just a moment ago. Josh was nodding since he wasn't able to say anything due to the food occupying his mouth.

I moved my eyes from them to the beautiful woman sitting on the opposite side of the table. Hers were looking into Mike's while she thanked him for the praise she so deserved. Josh went to speak up about their previous conversation.

"Speaking of your amazing cooking abilities Miss, what do you think about radish and peanuts?"

She paused with her fork in her mouth, almost choking on her food because of the absurdity of the question. (Mmhmm.. choke mommy.. ehm I mean, yeah answer the question Miss Potter 0.0 )

She looked between us to see if there was a joke she had missed with the question, but went to answer when Mike peaked his interest.

"Well I- I can't say I've tried it.. it sounds like an interesting combination, thought in theory the salt would clash with the bitterness of the radish. Without salt.. perhaps they could both go in a salad with other things included, but not by themselves. Why?"

I mean she was right I guess. Josh looked a little bummed, but Mike was showing his victory proudly. The scene was comical and Joan still looked very confused. Trying to help her understand I began to explain.

"Well they had a little 'competition' regarding the combo of radishes and peanuts, since I couldn't help them break the tie, the food expert herself, that's you, had to help them."

Her eyebrows raised themselves and a childish smile graced her lips. A small giggle left her before she spoke up.

"The food expert herself? That's me?"

Cheeky lady.. she knew she was, just wanted us to say it. I looked into her eyes, maybe for a little too long...

"You.. the one. and. only.."

(Careful now Y/n.. Josh doesn't know... yet..)

A look is given by her to me, those eyes moving between all of the people at the table carefully. She sensed the love in my voice, thinking that the others did as well.