05 | You keep me alive

He and I are closer than friends. We are enemies linked together. The same sin binds us.
~ Oscar wilde

How hilarious! These words hold no meaning to me or not anymore

How hilarious! These words hold no meaning to me or not anymore. I heard Hong screaming into the earpods.

I m sure penelope would too, plus ripping off my hairs. His grey eyes were full of suspicion and his posture was on guard.

He usually was. In these past years of watching him, I've seen him relaxed and knowing that he is suffering too makes me happy. Extremely happy.

I get inside my car and drove back to the hotel. I didn't want to buy a home where it is empty and maybe I realised there is never a home for me.

I hear my phone ringing as I attend it waiting for the scream but unexpectedly it was silent. I clear my throat.

"Hon--"

"Why?" I freeze hearing Xiao's voice. I close my eyes. Stupid Hong.

"I-i" I stutter.

"I'll support you. Do whatever makes you happy. Do whatever makes you go on without a sleeping pill. Do whatever and I'll be here. Right here. Waiting for you" he spoke softly.

I gulped. Should I tell? No. I don't deserve it. Not after all I put him through. Why are you so kind to me Xiao? Why do you make me feel this way?

"That was chaotic" My classmate Rohan laughed as everyone else agreed. Our class had P.E and everyone was highly caffeinated and a small basketball match turned into a dodgeball and then a tag. Dripping and soaking in sweat, we fanned ourselves using the cards and paper fans even though the ac was on. Mr. Ferry entered as he placed his book on the table.

"Students. Everyone get ready. We have to take a class group photo" he announced as everyone yelled in protest including me. "Hush it down. I will give 20 minutes and I want everyone to be down" he glared and walked out.

Everyone rushed and changed into uniforms and made ourselves presentable.

We all were asked to stand in there lines facing the camera horizontally. I stood with penelope and Xiao.

"Three photos kids. First one pose well. Second one make a weird or funny face and third one make sure to give a bright big smile" the photographer yelled.

"Use filter please!" One of my classmate yelled back as the others agreed and nodded.

The first picture we posed normally and during the second picture, Penelope put her tongue out while Xiao bit his lips trying to make an awkward funny face while I widened my eyes and tipped my lower chin. There was a small break as the classmates laughed at each other's poses.

Penny was laughing too. I felt Xiao leaning in. "Look!" He pointed out to the class couple. I shook my head unamused.

"It's shocking if there aren't like that" I said looking at the couples stuck together like chewing gum. "He is proposing her during the graduation" he whispered.