03: aches and scars

🎶Playing: Come Inside Of My Heart by IVOS🎶

I grew up in a chaotic home. Ever since I was a kid our house never seems to have peace and silence, every day was an unending battle. I witnessed how my parents throw plates at each other. I get to hear all the painful words they tell each other. As a kid, all I could do is to cry and pray for it to stop.

My mom learned that my dad was cheating and finally, she leave dad behind. We start a new, she found a new home for us, a new environment and that's how I met Violet.

My mom found common ground with Violet's mom, they are both a single mom because of an unfaithful man they found. A strong and working mother for their kids. I thought things are all good. I finally get to have a peaceful home, my alarm clock is not yelling anymore, my breakfast is not tearing I shred, and I get to meet Violet. Too good to be true, but my world crashed when my mom died.

When I was still a kid, I couldn't understand why mom died, why she suddenly leave me after bringing me to comforts. Then as I get older, I finally understand that the reason why she died is that she can't handle it anymore. She chooses to free herself, leaving me behind in this dark and cruel world.

Violet and Tita never leave me, they stay and made my life bearable. If you will ask about my father, I don't know where he is but I hope he's out there living a gloomy life because it would be unfair for me to live like this while he's enjoying his life.

Violet was there during my lowest and I too was there for her.

After Violet turned 20, Tita died because of a heart attack. It should be a celebration for Violet's dream job, but it became a day full of tears. She lost half of her heart and I almost lost her too. That's the day I promised to myself that I won't leave Violet alone, that I would take care of her until my last day in this world.

Thankfully, she was able to recover. I know there's still a pain in her heart and I know that it will never fade, but seeing Violet enjoying her life right now is the greatest relief I felt.

"If you don't want to find a girlfriend to marry, why don't we just marry each other?" I drop the phone I am holding with her sudden question. I raised my brows and pricked her forehead.

"Oh common, Vio. Stop with that nonsense." She pouts, acting like a cute dog.

"Bakit? Ayaw mo ba akong maging asawa!?" I gasped, I really can't believe this girl. Lumingon ako sa kanya habang naka-cross ang dalwang braso.

"Vio, hindi ka ba kinikilabutan sa sinasabi mo?" She shakes her head, "What do you think marriage is?" I asked. I stare at her while waiting for an answer, she starts biting her nails. Ganyan na ganyan sya kapag nagiisip sya.

"A relationship between a man and a woman? Sharing things and bills?" I almost laugh at the latter answer. Kahit kelan hindi mawalan ng kalokohan ang utak nya.

"Vio, marriage is a sacred thing. It's not just a relationship, it's commitment, responsibility, and more that I can't explain. You need to marry someone who you love." I reminded her.

"Bakit, hindi mo ba ako love!?"

"I do..." For a second I pause. God knows how much I love this girl and if there would be a reincarnation, it's Violet whom I want to spend my life with again. "I do...because you're my best friend." If I could only take back those words.

Violet started to eat the cupcakes on the table, she was busy eating and checking her phone that's why she doesn't notice my stares. I tilt my head, there's icing on the side of her lips so I grab a tissue and wipe her up.