PARTY FAVORS

Why would someone want to spend their birthday acting out a revenge scheme to their cheating boyfriend was beyond me. I mean, it's your birthday isn't it supposed to be spent having fun?

But again, with Jessica, you could never tell the definition of fun.

And the fact that she liked to include other people in her mess was even further beyond me. Worst, those people usually happened to be me.

Ahem. I was on top of her cast list.

And this time? I was the fucking video queen. Oh God no.

How did I become friends with the girl? Oh right, one crazy night, my sister, Valentina, decided it would be a great idea to invite ourselves in Jessica's sleepover party. I didn't like the idea at all but like usual, I was dragged along and out of nowhere, Jessica let us in. Heck, she liked us!

   Of course she did, my sister was a blogger and an excellent camera man. She was definitely useful to a queen bee like Jessica.
Me? Well, I had no idea what I was doing. I was talented at sitting, playing along, and doing nothing. I was noticeably useless I don't even know why Jessica kept me around.

  So here I was, a year later, in Jessica's extravagant living room full of sweaty bodies dancing, ear piercing music, and too much free alcohol.

I could see Valentina fixing her camera on the corner while I just sipped martini on the couch, playing wallflower.

Bailee, one of Jessica's besties, dropped herself next to me, singing too loud along with Ariana grande's Seven rings. She was wearing a pair of white short shorts, a black top and heels. Looking marvelous and making me feel self conscious of my bland outfit ... Black t shirt, sneakers, and faded ripped jeans? Who even wore that to a party??
If it wasn't for my long dark hair and feminine aura no one could tell I was a girl.

"Ready for the shoot, Mabel? Heard you're playing lead tonight.", Minerva, another of Jessica's minions plopped on my other side. Why were all these people looking so pretty? And what the hell did she mean by that anyway?

All I knew was that 'I had to act my best'. That's what Jessica said to me. Nothing less, nothing more.

"You know what the rest of us would be doing this time? Cheering you on", Gina, Jessica's sidekick appeared out of nowhere, squizzing herself between me and Minerva.
  They all looked so good I was starting to feel like a plus size amidst first class Victoria's secret models.
Shit. This is why I didn't want to be friends with these people.
They were epitomes of perfection.

Number one being ... Jessica.

  Speak of the devil and there she was.

She was arguing with her boyfriend at the center of the room and I could see Valentina recording everything with an amused smile.

I let out a breath and watched the scene unfold, my mind wandering on how perfect Jessica looked in her purple-pink crop top, black flared skirt which was ridiculously short, and doc martens. I swear she was the most beautiful girl alive.

  In front of her was a mad Flennor.
The typical quarter back. You know, the hot guy that every girl in Ferguson High had wet dreams about? Yeah, that guy.

Ugh, not my type. I hated him. I don't even know what girls even saw in him. He was a fucking douchebag who liked screwing Vanessa on Jessica's back. I didn't even know who Vanessa was. Credit to rumors.

He looked pretty pissed at how Jessica was putting on a scene.

She was the queen after all, of course she would. That shouldn't be of any one's surprise.