xiv: nothing special

I take a good look at the gift sitting in front of me

I take a good look at the gift sitting in front of me. I made it a couple days ago for Blake.

It wasn't anything much. Couldn't buy anything, so I tried to make it special.

In the little bag there was a cheap bracelet identical to the one I always wear. I also put in a card I wrote for him.

Nothing special, but I thought he might like it.

Well, it's shit now. He won't want it. I'm trying not to be hurt about last night, since I did tell him he could hang up.

I just wish I didn't have to see him right now. I made sure to text him so he wouldn't pick me up tomorrow.

"Mom's taking us to school, no need to pick us up:) Night."

Is my mom actually taking us? Hell no. I just needed an excuse. My phone was on Do Not Disturb for the rest of the night.

Now it's about time for the bus to get me. I haven't been on for the past 4 days, it feels weird.

I've come up with a plan to dodge Blake. In Spanish, there's a unit test. That means separate seating.

Lunch will be spent with Fallon and Aaliyah. They agreed to have a just girls lunch when I told them I was having a bad day.

And Calculus is already perfect, because he sits far away from me. Then I just rush to P.E and bus lanes and go home.

It's a perfect plan!

I hear the bus engine outside the house. I grab my bag and head out.

Lord, let this plan go well.

━━━━━━━━━━

When I get to Southview, I do my best to run to the restroom. I don't feel like dealing with the friend group right now, so I'll wait out the bell.

I sit in here for about 10 minutes before the bell rings for 1st period. I pray and pray to not bump into him.

When I get to class, he's already inside. Dammit.

Blake taps his pencil on the desk repeatedly. His knee is bouncing too.

Well, maybe he's nervous for the test. I helped him study when we called each other on Tuesday and Wednesday.

So much for that.

My separated desk is close to his, so I'm going to try and slip by without notice.

Should I tell him Happy Birthday? I feel like shit because he hung up, but it's the nicer thing to do? And then I just don't talk to him for the rest of the day!

This works perfectly.

I walk through the aisle of seats, carefully going to mine that is behind Blake's.