Canoe Views: 1

Mango POV

I pushed the ore against the current hard as I canoed along a river. I was exploring a new island that I had recently discovered, and had decided to have some fun while I was at it. The sweet summer breeze floated through my nose as I inhaled. A smile was plastered on my face, and it didn't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon. This island was such a gorgeous place to be, it was as if I could live here and be perfectly happy for the rest of my life. I reached up and picked a fruit from a hanging tree, and took a big bite out of it. The sweet and juicy flesh immediately coated every inch of my mouth, sending a sensation of pure pleasure through my entire body. This is the life I thought silently to myself. There was nobody to disturb me, and I could just endlessly explore whilst eating fruits that grew on the huge green trees that also inhabited this island. It was like a free vacation! Everything was wonderful, until I opened my eyes and looked at the river ahead of me. A huge shark fin cut through the water, slicing it in half as if a freshly sharpened knife were cutting it. I let out a gasp of fear and surprise, before jumping out of my Canoe, in a pathetic attempt to reach land. I barely missed the jump, and fell into the river, but not without scratching my foot up really badly, to the point that I couldn't even walk on it. Oh no! What if the shark smells the blood?! I'm gonna die, what do I do?! I didn't have to much time to think, I just swam. Eventually, I reached an underwater cave, which had a small area for air. I climbed up and flopped down, my foot aching and bleeding. Tears began to form in my eyes as the pain cut through me. I looked up slightly, to see my worst nightmare come true. The shark fin was coming right for me, and I couldn't run.