Hellen ~ Chapter 2

-Luke's POV-

She's just a girl. Yeah, a girl I gave my heart to. I don't trust people very easily. It hurts me to think that the one time I let someone in, she pushed ME out. I was walking back home. I needed time to think about what I had done. It wasn't right but I was so angry and hurt.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to open. The door creaked and there stood my mum, she engulfed me, literally.

"Oh luke, why'd you leave?" She asked. Fear running through the vocals.

I shook my head and she took it as a sign that u didn't want to talk about it.

"Luke, I know, I know it's hard. I know how much you love her, I can see it, she loves you too luke. As much as she tries to avoid it, she does. I don't know why this has happened, but I know she didn't just loose feelings because what you guys have is love, something that doesn't go away. It will hurt for a long time. But if you love her as much as you say you do, and as much as I know you do, you'll wait." Her arms wrapped around me as I walked inside, tears falling. I heard a cough from infront of me and lifted my head up.

"Hey mate" jai said. I let go of mum and gave him a hug.

"Sorry," I mumbled. He nodded and patted my back. I turned to my mum who was now crying. Her hands fanning her face. I groaned and went to my room again. "You'll wait" I thought.

-Zyah's POV-

Five months into uni and I still don't know my way around this place. Different people seemed to join every day and it was quite overwhelming. "Miss Harrison, there you are," I turned around to be faced with my English lecturer.

"What's the problem Mrs Delany?" I asked.

She looked around for a bit before asking me to come with her to her office.

"Take a seat" she mumbled. I looked around confused and sat down.

"We got a call from your home," she started. I nodded for her to continue.

"I don't really know how to put this, your grandma, Hellen, she passed away" those words played around with me before I actually took them in. I shook my head and stood up.

"You're lying" I screech. Mrs Delany shook her head. "I wish I was"

"You'll have some time off, you've been studying hard, I know you'll appreciate time with your family,"

Tears were now falling down as my teacher handed me tissues.

"I'm really sorry for your loss," and with that she left her office and left me there, crying.

A few hours last and I was waiting for the drive back to Glenroy to come to an end. I made the occasional stop as the tears formed, making it hard for me to focus and see.

It was around 10pm when I got home, everyone was asleep and I just wanted to do the same. I walked through my house, the familiar scent filling around me. I walked into my dads room and he turned to me. I leaned on the door frame as he spoke, "we'll speak tomorrow Zyah" he said softly. I nodded and walked to my room. I placed my bag on my desk, lights still off, when I turned them on, I saw something I didn't expect to see.

"Luke, what are you doing here? You scared me" . . .