short story (english)

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇

"Drew where are you going again this time?" I asked my boyfriend when he was about to leave.

"Jen, I'll just go outside to buy you some snacks. Don't be mad, baby..." he said and kissed my forehead.

My anger suddenly fades away.

I smiled. "Okay. I want pizza, ah?"

"Yes."

After that he went outside. I took a deep breathe.

Drew and I are already in our fourth month as a couple.

This past few weeks I've noticed that he's always busy, busy to the point that he forgot about me. It was like when he's just here in our house that's the only moment he'll thought that he has a girlfriend.

One day, because I'm doubting what he's always doing I inspect him. I saw how he meet his ex-girlfriend. I thought he had moved on about his ex. But then, I saw them happily talking to each other, holding the hands of each other like they are just the only existing in this world.

Did he really move on?

-

Two weeks before our fifth monthsarry. I couldn't handle the pain I holds anymore.

"Drew..." I said trying to catch his attention.

"Hmm?"

"Did you really moved on?" I asked, frankly.

"What? What kind of question is that? Ofcourse!" he answered but his eyes says something different it was like he's hiding something from me.

"Last tim-"

"Tss. You don't really trust me! When I say I already moved on just believe it and don't say anything else!" he shouted in front of my face and left our house.

I was left there dumbfounded.

One week, after that incident and one week before our fifth montsarry, I saw him again with Ayana in the park.

They're happy talking to each other again.

"Know your worth." Voice plastered on my mind. When I looked around no one is there.

Psh. Who's that?

Nevermind. I locked my eyes again with Drew and Ayana.

They're happy. Good for them.

---

"HAPPY FIFTH MONTSARRY BABE!"

"Let's break up."

The cake I hold spills on the floor. My whole body became immuned.

"W-what?"

"Ayana and I became together. Actually, just today."

"You're with her again? My conclusions are right, then?"

"Yes."

I closed my eyes and tear escaped. Don't cry, Jen! Fuck!

"That time when we are together, that was my first day moving on from her. Thanks to you because you're there when I needed a shoulder to lean on. I'm sorry if you became my rebound. I didn't mean to hurt you like this... Jen, in five months of our relationship, thanks for making me happy. I'm sorry..."

I opened my eyes while my tears is like a water falls.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine here. Go. Go to her. Be happy with her. Thank you for the five months of staying."

He nodded and leave the house.

I know my worth so I wouldn't force him to comeback with me. I'm a girl with a strong personality. Maybe after this I will cry like a baby but I assure you after that I'll laugh infront of them and live my worthy life. He's just a boy who doesn't deserve any inch of me.

Thank you for the five months of love.

-----------