Chapter one: The reveal.

Kokichi's pov by the way, kokichi didn't squish himself in this AU.

'We did it...we finally did it' I thought, almost crying in the process.

Shuichi figured out that Tsumugi was the mastermind. Honestly, I was a little skeptical at first. But it only made more sense thanks to the evidence that was brought to light. After Shuichi told us things I didn't catch.

Though, I didn't care too much about Tsumugi's pleading. I couldn't be more happier with the result, we finally get too go home.

I don't have to pretend anymore.

We could all finally leave!

I can see dice again once I break them out! That thought alone made a tear run down my cheeks.

"Pupupupupupu!! Sorry to burst everyone's bubble! But you were wrong!" Monokuma says enthusiastically. My eyes widened and I start shaking, this means that we'll die... we're all going to die!? NO! I couldn't die now!!

"Nyeh? Wait... WHAT!? Nonononononono Tsmugi is the mastermind! We have every bit of evidence!" Himiko said. She started tearing up, and her face went redder than her own hair.

"See!!" Tsumugi screamed. "It plainly wasn't me! I'm not the mastermind!"

"Why would I lie right now? I already told you. All the class trials are fair. I wouldn't lie about the mastermind!" Monokuma stated, chuckling.

"Then who the hell is then!?" Maki yelled.

"He...he!"

There was a faint sound of laughter. All of us looked over to see Shuichi with a sinister smile across his face, his pupils turned into swirls. One of his eyes had turned purple, and he was drooling.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

"Oh my gosh, when it came down to it I thought at least one of you would have figured it out by now!!" He said while looking at us sinisterly, his left eye twitching. I couldn't comprehend why he was acting that way, but Maki gave me a hint.

"Shuichi... are you.." Maki asked. She was tearing up.

I started doing the same as the truth was laid down on us. The.. devastating, truth. The truth that I never saw despite my best efforts to track down the mastermind.

Shuichi walked up to the throne that I speculated was for the mastermind if they weren't caught. Then, he put one of his hands on his hips and made an L with the other and pointed it at us as He yelled triumphantly.

"That's right! I, Shuichi Saihara! Am the mastermind and king of the ultimate academy for gifted juveniles!" He was standing in front of the throne.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing... Shuichi, the only person that I deemed trustworthy, the person I loved... was the mastermind. Tears fell down my cheeks as I just stared at him in silent horror. How was this possible? Was everything a lie? But what about Kaede? She was his BEST FRIEND! Did that mean nothing too him!?

"Oh~ Seeing you all like this is so wonderful! But! As the mastermind, if I decide to keep someone alive that person will not die. And they will be protected by Monokuma, me and the Monokubs throughout the game! My beloved~! So one of you has a chance to live." He stated as a matter of fact.

"If that's the case then the game isn't fair! Is it Shuichi!?" Maki yells as she points at Shuichi, tears almost spilling out of her eyes.

"Of course it is Maki-roll!" Maki flinched at the nickname, which caused Shuichi's smile to grow wider. "Just because one person is kept safe by Monokuma, me and the Monokubs doesn't mean anything. Everyone can still escape by catching the mastermind, but that's not possible for you all anymore is it?~" Shuichi responded, smiling sinisterly.

"Don't call her that! You don't have the right to to call Maki-roll that!!" Kaito yelled. Anger, confusion, despair, and betrayal. That was every emotion that was displayed on Kaito's face, and in his voice. I couldn't help but want too comfort him right now. I reached my hand out too his podium as if my arm would somehow be able to reach him. Once Kaito noticed this, his eyes widened. But he slowly reached his hand out too me, tears running down his cheeks. This was stupid since it was obvious that our hands wouldn't touch, I already knew that. But after something like this, both me and Kaito needed some form of comfort. We all did.

"Whatev's, anyway! You still don't know who my beloved is! Don't you wanna know? Don't you wanna know who I love! Who I liked enough too leave everyone else in the dust!" Shuichi asks, staring at me for some odd reason.

As much as I wanted to scream at him that the person wouldn't want to be near him, let alone date him. I was curious as well. So, despite the betrayal in my heart, I gave in.

"Wh- who is it?" I ask while accidentally stuttering. Dammit.

"I'm glad you asked kokichi. The person who was safe during the game and my beloved...."

The person, he called them his "beloved", no wonder they were safe during the game. Shuichi wanted them alive because he loved them. Though, I don't understand something. If Shuichi was just gonna keep them alive, why put them in this killing game? Why not just leave them out of it?

Who could it possibly be though? Maki? No, he told me he was bisexual but I don't believe that Maki's his type. Plus there was no signals indicating that.

Kaito? No, Shuichi never blushed or gave any body signs that he liked Kaito. Plus, Kaito had Maki.

I can already say that it's not Himiko or Tsmugi. So... who could it be?

"Come on up my beloved Kokichi ouma~!"

My mind slowed, it felt like time had stopped. But once my brain finally comprehended what Shuichi said.. My voice broke, leaving my voice hoarse and weak.

"W-what?"

To be continued

I hope you all enjoyed this!

And I hope I got all of the characters personalities right. (Obviously except for Shuichi)

Also tell me in the comments if I spelled Tsumugi's name right or not please😅

bye-bye everyone👋😄

Word count:1,043