Chapter 8

“I’m with Vic again!” I told Sarah over the phone after Vic had left.

“That’s great! What’s he like with Emily?”

“He’s so good with her, and she really likes him so everything’s going well at the moment.” I explained.

“That’s good, what about your mum? Have you told her yet?”

“Vic literally just left. You’re the only one I have spoken to since”

“Oh, so he stayed the night did he? Wink. Wink” she laughed.

“Yes, he did”

“Did you… you know?” she asked still laughing.

“That is none of your business” I could feel my face burning red.

“You so did it! Go Lana!” she yelled and whistled.

“Shut up Sarah, I have to go, mum’s calling”

“Fine” she said and hung up. I answered mums call.

“Hello”

“Hi Lana, I was wondering if you wanted to come over for lunch today?” she asked happily.

“Uh, yeah sure” I agreed thinking this would be a good time to tell her about Vic and I.

“What time?”

“How about an hour or so from now?”

“Yeah sure, I’ll just get Emily dressed and we’ll be on our way”

“Alright, I’ll see you soon”

“Yep, bye” I said and threw my phone on the couch. I knew that this lunch wouldn’t end happily today.

“Alright Emily, which dress do you want to wear today?” I asked her as we walked into her room

“Pink!” she yelled and clapped her hands.

“Pink it is! Now to find which pink one” I sighed looking through the many pink dresses. I finally picked one and got her ready then went to get myself ready.

We arrived at my Mum’s house right on the hour. She had a huge house because she had lots of money. She offered to buy me a house but I didn’t want to rely on her my whole life so I told her no.

“Lana! Emily! You’re here!” mum cried when we walked in the door.

“I said we’d be here” I fake smiled as I placed Emily on the lounge with her toys.

“Daddy!” she yelled at the top of her lungs.