Chapter 20

“But Mike!” I yelled at him.

“No Lana! Just leave me alone!” he yelled back and stormed out the front door. I flopped down onto the couch and decided to ring Jessica and sort things out.

“Hello” she answered.

“Listen Jessica, It’s Lana, I need to talk to you”

“Look, I don’t really have time for you right now, I’m busy”

“You’re dating Mike, so you will listen to me right now” I heard her sigh on the other end. I rolled my eyes and continued talking.

“Mike is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and he doesn’t deserve this. He’s like a brother to me and if you hurt him, I’ll hurt you”

“What are you going to do to me? You wouldn’t lay a finger on me” I could hear her laughing quietly.

“Shut up, I’m not done. You are one of the biggest bitches I have ever met and I hope Mike realises that before you break his heart. I know he really likes you and he’d do anything for you so that probably won’t happen but it’s worth a try. I know you’re not going to change your mind, but just remember that it’s as easy for us to start a rumour that could ruin your career as it was for you” I explained and hung up.

“Who was that?” Vic asked as he walked into the room.

“Jessica”

“I’ve never heard you talk like that before” he laughed.

“She’s gonna hurt Mike, she deserves it. Did Emily go to sleep alright?”

“Yeah, I sang her a few songs and she fell asleep pretty quick.” He smiled.

“Alright, so does that mean I can sleep too?” I laughed.

“Just as long as it’s with me” he winked and picked me up and carried me to our bedroom. He put me down on the bed and lay down next to me, wrapping one arm around me and one playing with my hair.

“I love you Lana”

“Love you more Vic” I smiled and drifted off to sleep.

*Memory*

“I’m here!” Vic yelled from my front door.

“I’m in my room!” I yelled back still packing suitcases. He walked in and saw me sitting on top of my bags 3 bags trying to fit everything in.

“I told you to pack lightly Lana. We’re only going for 2 weeks!” he explained and helped me zip them up.