Chapter 2

Rozonda

I began to open my eyes, but quickly squeezed them shut as a white light came into view. I quickly adjusted my eyes and looked down to see a tube stuck into my arm. I began to panic until a soft and warm hand touched my forearm. It was Janet. She had a bandage across her right eye.

"Janet what happened to me? Better yet, what happened to you?"

She looked down then back up with sadness in her eyes.

"Well, I was on my way to give you your drink, but Dallas Austin knocked me out."

I gasped in shock.

"But I gained consciousness quick enough. I asked where he went and they said upstairs. I found you unconscious on the bed and was about to rape you." Tears came to both of eyes. "I threw his ass down the stairs and Toni and I brought you here. The doctor found a dose of Enflurane in your system"

"What is that?"

"They say it's a drug that causes nausea or dizziness."

I just laid back in a daze. Dallas had no interest in me. He just wanted to use me. My thoughts were quickly interrupted when Toni followed by my parents, walked into the room. She had two teddy bears in her hand.

"My baby!" My mom rushed to my side engulfing me in a hug.

"Mommy..." I hugged her back crying into her shoulder. "Mom, this is my friend Janet. That's her girlfriend, and also my friend, Toni."

"We've already met Toni. She told us that she and Janet brought you here. It's nice to meet you Janet. I wanna thank you for saving my baby." She shook Janet's hand along with my father.

We all conversed with each other until the doctor came in.

"Oh wow, it's a full house in here," the doctor joked causing us all to laugh. "Well Miss Thomas, all of the Enflurane has drained from your system, but we would still like to keep you here over night. You would have to miss a day of school. You can go back the day after."

I nodded sadly. I quickly introduced him to my family and then he left. Toni, Janet, and my mom stayed for a while and left. As I was about to go to sleep, a knock came at my door. I sighed in annoyance.

"Come in!" When I looked up, my face went pale and my heart dropped to my feet. "W-what are you doing here?!"

"I told you not to go. And look where you've ended up." She crossed her arms shaking her head. "Now I know it's rare for me to come up and see you, because I've been harassing you. But I was trying to protect you from Dallas."

"But you didn't have to be an asshole to me."

"Whatever. That's besides the point. I was in the same position as you because if him."

My eyes went wide and my mouth dropped. She nodded her head when she saw my expression.

"I never went to boys again."

"So you're...gay?"

"Sure am, babygirl." She walked over to me, swiping my curls behind my ears. A chill went down my spine from her touch. "Your gaze looks cold, but you're so sweet. I'm gonna call you Chilli from now on. You get better, I'll see you around."

"Wait...so are you gonna stop bullying me now?" I asked as she began to walk out.

"I'll think about it..." She walked out. I smiled because she can get off my back. She came back peeking her head in.

"No." She smiled a snarky smile.

I smacked my teeth and laid down letting sleep consume over me.

****

Excuse any mistakes. Short, I know. Trash? Definitely. Comment and vote pwease 🥺