Chapter 3

Rozonda

I was finally discharged from the hospital, and had the green light to return to school. I was nervous, because I feel like I can run into Dallas. Janet and Toni offered to stay by my side. I declined the offer, because I don't need them as my bodyguards.

I took a deep breath, and entered the building, adjusting my backpack. I walked through the hallway, and already started to get stares. I averted my gaze the ground until I got to my locker.

I grabbed my books and stuffed them quickly into my backpack, and secured my locker. I sped walked to class, my eyes still on the tile floors, and, of course, I had to walk into someone.

"Woah, I'm sorry!" I felt hands on my shoulders. I looked up seeing a brunette guy with a baggy flannel. As we made eye contact, he gave a small smile. "Hi, I'm Matthew." He held out his hand.

"Rozonda." I took his hand. "I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention." He quickly waved me off.

"No, it's okay. I was just-" he was cut off as someone bumped into him. It was Dallas. He was staring cold daggers into Matthew and I. "Yo, what the hell is your problem?"

Dallas sped towards Matthew getting immediately in his face. "What you say to me little nigga?" Matthew didn't back down, but his breathing started to labor. Another guy who looked liked Matthew, stepped in.

"Why don't you back off, Austin" he gritted his teeth. Dallas was now outnumbered. He kept shifting his gaze between us three and walked away. "You okay, bro?"

Matthew took a deep breath. "Yeah, man. I'm good. Umm, Joey, this Rozonda. Rozonda this is my older brother and pain in the butt brother, Joey." Joey playfully punched Matthew.

"And the cutest brother." he held as his hand. I laughed shaking his hand. I began to chat with the two as we walked to my first bell. I waved to them as I finally arrived.

I sat next to Janet, and, of course, she came at me with a million and one questions.

"Girl, who were those white boys I saw you giggling with?" I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

"That was Matthew and his older brother Joey. I accidentally bumped into Matthew."

"Oh, okay." Janet nodded. "So, how. Did Joey come about?"

"Girl!" I snapped. Janet put her hands up in surrender.

"What?! I just wanna know. Damn. You ain't gotta get no attitude." Janet turned her attention back to the front. The teacher continued teaching about...whatever he was teaching.

Tionne, per usual walked in late. Everyone rolled their eyes, because there was drama just waiting to get started.

Before the teacher could say anything, Tionne spoke, "Don't even try the 'why are you late' speech. Just let me sit down, and I'll be out your way." She made eye contact with me, but this time, she smirked. "Hey Rozonda, hey Janet." She waved. Janet and I shared a confused look. The class was also confused in the "sudden change" in Tionne's attitude.

I just waved back, because I didn't want to be rude. Janet of course just rolled her eyes. "Fuck off." Tionne ignored her remark and sat at her desk. For the rest of class, everything went smoothly.

****

Going to lunch, I met up with Toni and Janet. We began talking about the latest movies we plan to hopefully see together on the weekend.

"Hey, Rozonda!" It was Matthew, followed by Joey. Matthew and Joey waved to Toni and Janet, and reluctantly, they waved back. "Hi, I'm Matthew, this is my older brother Joey."

"I've heard." Janet said. I shot her a warning look. "Rozonda told me how y'all met. I'm Janet, and this is my baby, Toni. It's a pleasure. You're both welcome to sit here." Matthew and Joey flashed quick smiles as they sat beside me.

We all continued to chat, continuing the subject of new releases. As we laughed, Toni and Janet's smiles dropped. "What?" I questioned. Joey, Matthew, and I turned around and Tionne was standing behind us.

"Hey, Rozonda...and friends. Just coming over to see how you were doing."

"We're doing fine." Toni answered curtly, hoping Tionne will leave.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember addressing you." Tionne glared at Toni. "I'll see you later, Ro." Tionne gave a rough pat on my shoulder. I gave a tight smile, watching her walk away.

"What just happened?" Joey asked raising a brow. We all just shrugged. They all continued conversing, but my mind was in another place.

"Umm, guys. I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'm not feeling too good." I heard murmurs of okay's as I left. I went to the singular bathrooms, but before the door could shut, the door was opened again. I whipped around and was standing face to face with them.

"Well, well, well..." A mischievous grin was plastered on their face.

****

AHAHAHAHAHA LOOK WHO FINALLY UPDATED AFTER THREE FUCKING YEARS. IM ALSO AN ADULT NOW!!!!!

Also excuse any mistakes. 😘