Chapter 6: How Could You?

The morning, I woke up early and get dressed ready to meet James. I made sure I brought the chip with me before leaving the house. We planned to meet up for breakfast. I walked in the cafe and immediately spotted James sitting at a far corner playing with his phone. I headed his way.

"James..." I started.

He looked up at me.

"Jules?" he looked confused "Jules!" he stood up abd gave me a hug. "How have you been?" his bright eyes shone at me.

"Im fine...how bout you?"

"Never been better! Come on, have a seat." he gestured to the chair infront of him.

As I sat down, we started chatting and ordered our food. Since we are sitting at a quiet corner, I decided to hand him the now.

"James... I was just wondering are you still working for NIGHT?"

He stopped whatever he was doing and looked at me.

"Yeah... why?"

"No... Its just..." I took out the chip in the glass case. "This..."

James eyes widened as he gripped the small crystal case and glanced quickly on his left and right to make sure no one was looking.

"What the hell were you thinking!" he hissed.

"I was just..."

"Where did you get it!" his eyebrows knitted as he frowned.

"Nick handed it t-to me before he d-d-died..." I stuttered.

"So thats why you vanished for two years eh?"

"What?" my eyebrows creased in confusion.

"You killed Nick... Stole the chip... Stole everything in the chip and faked the way Nick died and even have the fucking guts to return the chip to me abd pretend that nothing happened.

My eyes widened in shock.

"James! How could you say such a thing!"

"Oh come on! Skip the drama you bitch! I know all along you were hiding something!"

"James... No... You dont get it!"

"Im sorry Jules... But you leave me no choice..."

James held something attached on his ear and only than did I realize that it was an ear piece... He set me up!

"Go get her guys..." he said to whoever it was on the line...

"No... No!!!" I stood up, slowly stepped backwards and was soon running. Running away for my life, running away from James, running away from NIGHT, running away from everything!

I saw an empty cab without a driver in it