13 • Omega

CHAPTER THIRTEEN "You gave me my name and the color of your eyes"

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
"You gave me my name and the color of your eyes"

The sight of her mother's lifeless body causes the young argent to slowly tremble with great despair and pain that ached Mia's heart heavily. Throughout their family katherine argent was known for being such a successful and ruthless hunter but to the young blonde Kate was simply just her mother. After years of her mother's abandonment and neglectfulness, Mia couldn't find it in her heart to hate the woman anymore.  And she deeply wanted to hate her, she wanted to hate Kate so bad but she just couldn't because all that was left of her mom was a body with no way of turning back time. The green eyed girl makes her way towards the lifeless woman and surprisingly falls to her knees in great sadness as she then goes to softly stroke her mother's face with such care. For a good moment there's just silence that clouds the girl's senses but after some time the sound of footsteps begin to approach her.

Amelia slowly lifts her head back up and spots her uncle walking into the wrecked room with an despaired expression on his usually closed off face..this was his first time ever seeing his sister's lifeless body and by the looks of it, he wasn't going to be well. Argent lowers himself down to his niece's level as the both of them sit besides Kate's body. "Mia?" Argent softly spoke, now looking over at the teary eyed girl. But there's isn't any kind of response from the young blonde..she just sits there with her mother's bloody face pulled up near her lap. "It's time." The blue eyed man sighed, "Neither one of us wants Allison seeing this" The hunter mentioned.

A tear ran down Amelia's cheek as she turns to look at her uncle, "I always thought she hated me..she would always be so cold and heartless around me." Chris sends his only niece an intrigued gaze while continuing to listen to her soft but saddened voice. "I spent my whole life hating her for leaving me but in the end she saved my life" Mia said with shock. "It was meant to be me..and regardless she still saved me."

Argent slowly nodded as he moved his hand on Mia's shoulder, "That's what parents do" The man softly acknowledges. "We put our children first."

Mia turns her saddened face away from her uncle's eyes and then looks down at her lifeless mother. She couldn't grasp one single memory of any maternal moment she had with Kate because there wasn't one..the women severely lacked any maternal instincts towards her only daughter which was deeply damaging but none of it mattered anymore. Her mother was now dead and the young girl was utterly alone left behind to clean up a mess that she'd had no part of..a mess that had started way before she was even born. "Tell Allison to bring me her necklace" The green eyed girl immediately ordered.

Argent raises a brow, "What does that necklace have to do with anything?"

The young argent glances in-between her mother's body and Chris with utter disregard of his own personal feelings. "Kate got us into this mess and now look at her..she's dead" Mia asserted. Argent watches in silence as his niece moves his sister's body away from her lap and begins to rise up from the ground along-sides him. She then shrugs nonchalantly, "The least we can do is let her take the fall and save our own asses."