Confusion and Hurting

I have no idea what to name this chapter so take this ✌️
꧁~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~꧂
Poison Mushroom POV
Chili Pepper told us to go. The Princess cookie took us into the woods as we ran. Licorice held my hand. I looked back, as we ran off I saw Red Velvet on the ground and Pomegranate about to fight Chili Pepper. Red Velvet had already gotten hurt and I didn't want Pomegranate to.

I let go of Licorice's hand. I ran back to Pomegranate.
"Poison Mushroom!" Licorice screamed. I ignored him and kept running. When I made it back there Pomegranate was about to kill her.
"Pomegranate!" She turned around and Chill Pepper peeked.
"What are you doing...?"
"I'm disposing of her."
"Do you... do you have to..?"
"Why do you ask that?" Pomegranate stood up. "Do you have some sort of connection to her?" She started walking towards me, then grabbed my face, putting it inches away from hers.

"Do you like her..?" My eyes went big and I shook my head. She let go.
"No no, it's just... Custard-"
"What I do to her is none of his concern and it's not yours either."
"But Pom! To Custard, Chili Pepper is like.. how you are to me... or how Licorice is to me.."
Her face softened a little.
"He loves her.... Just how I-" Why was this hard to say?
"Just how I-"
"I WHAT? Spit it out!" I flinched.
"How I... How I love you!" I closed my eyes and tensed up. I don't know how Pom was going to react.

I peeked and she looked... shocked. I loosened up. I opened my eyes.
"You... love me..?" I nodded
"Yeah! I do! And Licorice too..." She hugged me. She's never given me a hug before. It was... weird. I hugged her back. When she let go she said,
"I- no one has ever told me that before..."
"Well, it's true!" I smiled and she smiled back. Licorice came out of a bush and froze

"Woah.... Are you...smiling?" He smirked
(Gingerbrave smirk gingerbrave smirk)
"Shut up." She turned around to where Chili Pepper was. But she wasn't there.

"Was this a distraction??!!" She yelled at me.
"I- well- no not necessarily!" She kicked me with her foot.
"Oww.."
"Hey!" Licorice yelled and Pom threw him out of sight.
"What are you trying to do here... are you teaming up with them?!!"
"No! I didn't want you to kill her because Custard didn't want her to die and I like Custard but she must have ran away while I was talking to you!"

She grabbed me and pushed me against a tree.
"So.. we're all your words fake?! Did they mean nothing?! Just a mere distraction?!"

"Pomegranate, listen to me! I wasn't lying!" Tears formed in my eyes. Why won't she believe me?
"Yeah, keep saying that kid." I was scared. Just a minute ago Pomegranate was hugging all over me and now she was scary.

"Please don't do what you did to Red Velvet to me!" I covered my face with my arms. She froze and backed up. I slid towards the ground. A few tears fell down my face.

"I don't want to get hurt.."
"Poison Mushroom.."
"NO!" I shuffled over to the bush Licorice came from to find him, Princess, Pancake, and Custard waiting.
I ran up and hugged Licorice.
"WOAH WOAH HEY!" He screamed.

He did this every time I hugged him, but I know he likes it.
"We have to go now!" Princess said. So we ran.
But they were fast so Lico ended up carrying me.
♡︎~~~~~~~~~♡

We've been walking for a while and it was getting dark. We found a cave for us to stay in. I jumped out of Lico's arms and shimmied over to the other kids.
"Yay! You're safe!" I hugged them both.
"Haha, yep!" Pancake laughed.
"Custard! Come here.." Princess said and motioned him over. He ran over while me and Pancake ran around.

☾~~~~~~~~☽
Custard POV
I walked up to Princess.
"Yeah?" She pulled me in for a big hug. She gave really good hugs. We hugged until I couldn't breath.
"I'm so glad you're safe.." she said. She looked at my head.
"Oh my! Majesty! Where is your crown?" Oh.. yeah my crown.. I looked at the ground.
"Well um.."
"Custard.. what's wrong?"
"I-I I don't know.. maybe this whole king thing is a joke... maybe I'm just some stupid normal rare cookie.."

Princess gasped.
"Why would you think that?"
"I think... maybe Chili Pepper was right.. I'm not a king.. I'm just a kid.."
"Custard... Chili is wrong. I know you're a king."
"How..?"
She looked at me with a soft smile.

"Did you know my grandma is an ancient?"
My jaw dropped
"WHAT?!! NO WAY! WHO WHO?" I screamed excitedly.
"Hollyberry Cookie."
My eyes sparkled.
"WOAAH"
"Yep! And she obviously had ancient friends, and would talk about them all the time!"

"And one of them... Pure Vanilla Cookie, looked a lot like you.."
"Really..?"
"Yep! He was the king of the Vanilla Kingdom."
"Wow..."
"So, there might be a small chance you're related to him... and if that's the case.."
"Then I could be a King!"

"Yeah!" Princess exclaimed. I jumped up,
"Yes yes yes yes yes!" I ran around the cave.
"I could be a king!" Princess giggled. I ran over to Pancake and Poison Mushroom.
"Did you hear? I could be related to Pure Vanilla! Which means I could be a king!"
"Wow! That's crazy!" Pancake screamed.

Poison Mushroom slowly clapped,
"Yayyy..!" They looked at me, than Licorice, then me again before saying,
"Did you know.. that Dark Choco... is Dark Cacao's son.. who's an ancient!"
I raised an eyebrow and scoffed.

"No he's not." I flicked my wrist.
"Yeah he is! Licorice told me before..!"
"He was probably lying."
"No... he never lies to me.."
"Mhm." I didn't believe them, theres no way.

Dark Cacao is an Ancient, a GOOD guy.

And Dark Choco is part of the Cookies of Darkness, who are BAD guys.

The logic just isn't there.

☾~~~~~~~~~~~~~☽
Chili Pepper POV

Pomegranate was getting too close to killing me. She was about to cut my head off. Then I heard someone scream,

"Pomegranate Cookie!"

She turned around and stared. I moved my head to see who it was.

It was Poison Mushroom Cookie.

"What are you doing...?"
"I'm disposing of her."
"Do you... do you have to..?"
"Why do you ask that?" She got up off of me. As soon as I realized that I made a run for it. I ran toward the direction of where we came from in hopes of finding the kingdom.

God I was in bad shape. I was covered in strawberry jam, and had cuts and bruises all over. But I still ran. I ran till my legs gave up. I collapsed onto the ground. I caught my breath.
I saw the kingdom I was almost there.

I tried to stand up but my legs were too weak. My whole body felt tired and weak. I decided to scream since I was so close. Maybe someone would hear me.
"HELPP!! HELP!" I didn't see anyone come out. I screamed louder.
"HEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!" Then two people came running out.

Rye an Herb came.
"God what happened to ya?!"
"Well I got in a fight trying to save Custard and Pancake." Rye looked around.
"Well, where are they?"
"They got away I think.. but they're with Princess, so I'm too worried." Rye picked me up as we walked back to the kingdom.

We walked to Herb's plant house where she set me on a stool. Herb then got straight to healing me.
"You should be more careful out there.." Herb whispered but I heard him.
"So you said Custard and Pancake are with Princess?" Rye asked:
"Yea"
"Do you know where they are?"
I went silent. Then I shook my head.
"No.."

She smacked her forehead with her hand.
"Ya gotta be kiddin me.."
"Well I assume they'll make their way back to the kingdom.." Rye looked at me with a look. I couldn't quite tell what it was, but it was a look that said 'are you serious?' To be honest I was scared about what happened to those three.

I hoped they would make their way back.

I just want to see Custard again.