Dr Otto Octavius

A/N

Until I watch No Way Home I can't go any further, so what I'll do is give you Piper's background instead. It's different from Peter's in a way. This is after Far From Home. Check out my book Reflection!

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I shrieked as people burst out from behind the sofas, grinning and holding party poppers, letting them rip, May holding a cake. I giggled, hugging Ned and MJ, blushing when I saw Lawrence Allen. I have no idea how MJ got him to come; he's a senior and I'm just... Piper. And besides, his mum turned out to be a supervillain named the Vulture, making him move away, so it meant a lot. Happy waltzed in with a giant present shaped like a teddy bear, and I noticed May shooting him a subtle wink.

Just then, a flatline noise droned in my ear as the hairs stood up on my arm, a whirring noise becoming more clear. Turning to the side, I spotted a claw coming straight for the window, a red light blinking dangerously in the thick of it.

"DUCK!" Shards of glass flew across the room, everyone flying to the floor and under furniture as the claw crashed into the wall, tearing plaster, a tentacle attached to it.

It's Dr Octopus.

I'd read about him in the newspapers, he'd been in New York but he came to Queens somehow. Running to the stairs, my heart aching for May and the others, I ran to the roof, pressing a button on my watch twice. The Metal Spider pieced itself onto me, the earrings that I'd applied shooting nanotechnology in front of my eyes to make a mask. Running to the edge, I webbed off and swung from a crane to the source of the commotion, landing on a lamppost with a clang. The villain turned to me , black glasses flashing and wry smile switched on menacingly.

"Spider-Woman." He sneered, advancing slowly.

"'Sup, Doc? Had a nice nap? Must've been hard with those on." I pointed to his tentacles, one of which snapped at me, tilting mechanically to the side, red light blinking.

"Stop stalling, Spider-Woman. Your end is coming, and it will be my pleasure to bring it about-"

"Sorry, one second. There's no way your name is Dr Octopus. What is your actual name?" I stalled even further, spotting May, Ned, Lawrence, MJ and Betty running across the boulevard.

"Dr Otto Octavius." A giggle fell past my lips until a large cry of laughter escaped from my lungs, having to hold onto my stomach because it was hurting.

"I'm, haha, sorry, what?" I chuckled, wiping a tear from my eye. 

"Dr Otto Octavius." He repeated again, narrowing his eyes.

"What's your actual- holy mackerel!" I jumped as a claw went straight for me, destroying the lamp post with ease. Landing back on the floor, I chuckled.

"That would've been a good leg workout, eh?" I shrugged before back hand-springing backwards as claws destroyed where I was a split second before, webbing a crane and swinging underneath a claw, wrapping it with webbing, stopping it from moving.

"Got to dash!" I smiled before jumping away, realising the claw had ripped my webs off and was now in pursuit of me. I turned around in time to be pinned against the wall, coughing and struggling for breath. 

"You have angered me enough." He snarled, getting closer to me as the tentacle tightened around my neck, forcing me to struggle for breath, grasping the tentacle-thingy's claw and trying to force it away from my throat. When I made some progress, I leapt forward and connected my foot with his stomach, sending him a few feet away.

"You've angered me enough." I growled, Dr Octopus getting up and escaping. I lifted my hand to my throat, wincing at the cut and the bruises that I'd gained from the metal squeezing my throat. Jumping over the rooftops, I swung into my bedroom, bouncing on my bed as May ran in with a first-aid box, the lack of air making me woozy. 

"Piper! Piper..."